Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   simple situation, yet I am unsure. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398922)

Octopus 12-15-2005 11:02 AM

simple situation, yet I am unsure.

Crypto 2/4 5 handed. I am working on my SH game, but have been running quite bad lately, so I am questioning things.

Villain here is somewhat loose aggressive pre-flop (about 36/16). I have seen him 3-bet in the SB with QJs, but call in the same situation with Q7s. Post flop he is very aggressive with stuff like middle pair, but I have never seen a semi-bluff from him. To be fair, I have not seen that many hands of his period, so maybe it has just not come up. I have seen him check an OESD on the turn heads up after it had been checked through on the flop. I have also seen him c/r the flop, get 3-bet and then fold the turn. OK, on to the hand.

Villain limps in the CO and I raise in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB folds and he calls. Two to the flop for 5SB.

Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and he calls.

Turn is 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and he raises. I fold.

12-15-2005 11:10 AM

Re: simple situation, yet I am unsure.

Nice hand, there aren't many, if any, other ways to play it better.

thesharpie 12-15-2005 11:11 AM

The read makes it an easy fold.

Spartan1983 12-15-2005 11:11 AM

I think I play it the same.

car ramrod 12-15-2005 11:12 AM

fine

jba 12-15-2005 12:34 PM

very easy fold.

when you're running bad [censored] like this happens ALL THE TIME. when I start missing with my overs out of position over and over again I will often switch tables because I start being suspicious that people are taking shots at me but if you call this down you are going to see a monster hand more often than not.

FYI calling this down is a very very easy thing to do in SH play in my opinion, it's almost always terrible.

Octopus 12-15-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI calling this down is a very very easy thing to do in SH play in my opinion, it's almost always terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking, but it is very nice to have it confirmed. Thank you all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Benman 12-15-2005 02:34 PM

I'd fold too. Your six outs aren't to the nuts by any stretch.

POKhER 12-15-2005 02:37 PM

GET THOSE BRAINS WORKING PEOPLE!

"Villain limps in the CO and I raise in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB folds and he calls. Two to the flop for 5SB."

Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and he calls.

Turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet and he raises.... HERO?

I'll let you have the King of clubs rather than the ace as it changes things a bit IMO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jba 12-15-2005 02:43 PM

call down with that TPTK