Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Party 50nl 6 players - Did I maximize value with this hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406577)

CarlSpackler 12-28-2005 03:29 PM

Party 50nl 6 players - Did I maximize value with this hand?

Recently, it seems like I haven't been getting payed off as much as I'd like when I've got a monster. Is there anything I could've done differently this hand, or is this pretty much standard? The villain is pretty laggy. Shoud I have bet the turn instead, or made a different sized bet on the river? There's $16.50 in the pot on the river.

Table Table 66340 (6 max) (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: HERO ( $48.90)
Seat 2: hezztrain ( $51.18)
Seat 3: AMP20 ( $8.24)
Seat 4: aw522 ( $21)
Seat 5: Gugel ( $89.30)
Seat 6: slbell2 ( $63.46)
slbell2 posts small blind (0.25)
HERO posts big blind (0.50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
hezztrain calls (0.50)
AMP20 folds.
aw522 folds.
Gugel folds.
slbell2 calls (0.25)
HERO raises (2.50) to 3
hezztrain calls (2.50)
slbell2 folds.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
HERO bets (5)
hezztrain calls (5)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
HERO checks.
hezztrain checks.
** Dealing River ** : [ 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
HERO bets (7)

tripp0807 12-28-2005 03:38 PM

Re: Party 50nl 6 players - Did I maximize value with this hand?

The deck is almost crippled. How do you expect to get paid off on a four flush board?

ajmargarine 12-28-2005 03:40 PM

Better to bet weak the turn than to check the turn. Bet $4. Maybe he'll raise. If he calls, bet a little more on the river.

12-28-2005 04:05 PM

I like to bet these situations hard. I'm rarely getting paid off, but when I do, I stack some poor idiot who decided I was bluffing.

Pot the flop, Pot the turn, Pot the river. Potting flop and turn can convince a K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (or even J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) that you don't have it.

pokernicus 12-28-2005 04:38 PM

I vote for betting this hand aggressively the whole way (pot-sized bets on flop and turn, and an oversized bet on the river). With a four flush on the board, it's an extreme situation. If he has any reasonable club in his hand, he'll likely call a large bet (he may even call such a bet with a small club in his hand since your bet size might be indicative of a bluff). If he doesn't have a club he'll probably fold even to a very small bet.

The amount you earn during the percentage of times he'll have a club and call a big overbet will outweigh the remaining situations when he'd call a very small bet with no club.

ajmargarine 12-28-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Better to bet weak the turn than to check the turn. Bet $4. Maybe he'll raise. If he calls, bet a little more on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. Here's the rest of my post. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Best of all would be just to value bet. Who knows, maybe he has a set. Who knows, maybe he'll get frisky on you. Just bet. So in conclusion:

Normal Value bet > teeny tiny bet > checking the turn.