Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QQ ugh. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404155)

gorie 12-23-2005 04:39 PM

QQ ugh.

Full Tilt Poker ($2/$4 Limit Hold'em) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, CO folds.

Flop: (5.5 SB) [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>.

Turn: (3.25 BB) [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

one of my first hands at the table so no reads. how bad is this ?

MrWookie47 12-23-2005 04:43 PM

Re: QQ ugh.

I think this is pretty reasonable. I would have called just about any other river card, but that one is horrible.

goofball 12-23-2005 09:04 PM

literally ANY other river card besides the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I think you call.

RunDownHouse 12-23-2005 09:27 PM

If he's bluffing on the turn, raising will just fold him. If he's got the A or a 6, he'll either call and call a river or 3bet you. If he's got a 5, he'll call a raise and may or may not call the river. Ditto semibluff with spades.

On the river, spades got there, so pretty much the only hand you're ahead of that he'd have is a 5, and he'd have to be ballsy (and stupid) enough to donk the turn and river right in your face. How likely that is compared to the pot size and I think you played it well.

I'm not sure I'd call even given a river Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

12-23-2005 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I'd call even given a river Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Rigged deck!

So would you call a J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

I'm not sure how often this guy has a busted SD or complete bluff to call any spade on the river.

RunDownHouse 12-23-2005 09:38 PM

Busted. Make that the J spades, because I'd raise in a heartbeat with my boat.

In my experience, that donk is more often a horribly played trips or an A than a lower pocket or single pair. That's all the more true when its an A that hits. He has to figure a huge part of hero's range includes an A.

Brice 12-23-2005 09:44 PM

I would call but I have self-admitted problem of calling too much on the river.

zephed 12-24-2005 06:51 AM

Looks good. It's hard to fold to the turn bet, because it could be so many hands. Consider it though, especially since the pot is small.

When the K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] falls, I think that adds too many possible holdings that beat you.

SCfuji 12-24-2005 05:28 PM

gorie wpt here

raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet
take the free showdown
fold to a river donk

TomBrooks 12-24-2005 07:41 PM

I play it the same.