Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Watch me play bad but my opponent worse (HU 50/100) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399801)

baronzeus 12-16-2005 05:19 PM

Watch me play bad but my opponent worse (HU 50/100)

I'm hesitant to post this because I watched this and found a lot of spots that I wish I had done something differently. My opponent was really bad, and my biggest advantage was that I could value bet pretty much anything on the river ( I don't think I missed much value on the river). He was also realy really aggressive preflop which gave me fits on some hands.

I think overall I flopped better than him and spewed less than him . There was a series of 6 hands where I had two straights, one set, one full house, top pair, and a flush. It was sweet.

Anyhow enjoy watching it. It's pretty good quality. Go gently on me because I know I played badly in some spots. (There were a few hands I wanted to bet fold but ended up bet/calling which sucks. I also made a few really loose peels.)

HU movie (35 mins, 35MB, good quality)

istewart 12-16-2005 07:40 PM

Re: Watch me play bad but my opponent worse (HU 50/100)

Thanks. I'll watch it in a few.

bicyclekick 12-16-2005 07:50 PM

Watched about 10 minutes. Interesting. Verry relentless. I notice you do everything 'instantly' like pre-click and bet without really seeing the board. I noticed a few rivers you bet that I thought were completely horrible bets that I bet you would'nt have bet if you slowed down a little. You're only getting called/raised when you're beat and you could maybe induce a bluff by check/calling. Seems like you never did this and I think that's a mistake. I don't know why you insisted on playing as fast as humanly possible. Take a second or 2 from time to time. I think you'd win even more.

12-16-2005 09:01 PM

I think you hit a sick amount of flops and big hands..:)

Now, why did you donk the flop in the beginning instead of CR as you did later in the session?

baronzeus 12-16-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, why did you donk the flop in the beginning instead of CR as you did later in the session?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to mix it up at least a little bit [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

baronzeus 12-16-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watched about 10 minutes. Interesting. Verry relentless. I notice you do everything 'instantly' like pre-click and bet without really seeing the board. I noticed a few rivers you bet that I thought were completely horrible bets that I bet you would'nt have bet if you slowed down a little. You're only getting called/raised when you're beat and you could maybe induce a bluff by check/calling. Seems like you never did this and I think that's a mistake. I don't know why you insisted on playing as fast as humanly possible. Take a second or 2 from time to time. I think you'd win even more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I definitely play too fast. I misclicked in one huge hand early on and made more than a few poor bets/calls.

I'm trying to find a good medium where I get in the hands fast enough but also make few mistakes.

12-16-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I definitely play too fast. I misclicked in one huge hand early on and made more than a few poor bets/calls.

I'm trying to find a good medium where I get in the hands fast enough but also make few mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I think learning to play fast HU is good money. Atleast if you can make the other guy play faster than he usually does. You also appear more of a gambler which is good vs fish.

12-17-2005 07:22 AM

I watched this through. I'm really curious about some of the decisions you made on the flop.

brazilio 12-17-2005 08:24 AM

Since his ranges are so huge when he donks for a free showdown, I'm looking to start donking rivers with stronger hands because it looks like he's going to call them. He's never semibluff 3-bet the turn, I can lay down KTo on that T9xx board. I mix it up with more frequency also.

Trix 12-17-2005 08:39 AM

I enjoyed the K2s hand, wish I could have seen the other guy though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]