Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Reading Poker Books in Class (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=150631)

MarkL444 11-18-2004 10:14 AM

Reading Poker Books in Class

I always feel weird when I read them in class, but Im getting used to it I guess. What do you think?

EDIT - College

deacsoft 11-18-2004 10:39 AM

Re: Reading Poker Books in Class

I'm guessing that you attend Michigan State due to the location you've listed. So obviously that makes you an adult and a college student. So, I think it's completely up to you. However, I think how you're doing in the classes you're reading poker books in should serve as the bottom line.
I get the feeling you're like I was in school. You learn faster than everyone else and still have to sit through instruction that you understood two days ago. So to pass the time you do something else. I used to write music, short stories, screenplays, poetry, etc. Looking back now though I wish I would have been reading poker books. I would go further to say that, you're doing acceptable work in all classes that you're reading poker books in. So, tell me... am I even close to being right about this?

MarkL444 11-18-2004 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
am I even close to being right about this?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing that you attend Michigan State due to the location you've listed

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, Im guessing you went to UW. Sorry bout your football team. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
[ QUOTE ]
You learn faster than everyone else and still have to sit through instruction that you understood two days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh, its more like, I dont learn very well by listening in class, I usually teach myself everything from the books. I prolly have ADD or something, but who doesnt?
[ QUOTE ]
you're doing acceptable work in all classes that you're reading poker books in

[/ QUOTE ]
I could do much better, but I keep my GPA above 3. I should care more.

You kinda misinterpereted the question though. The way youre thinking it could be any book that Im reading.

deacsoft 11-18-2004 11:28 AM

3.0+ is not bad at all. That amount you care is up to you. Personally, I always wanted the 4.0 or as close to it as I could get. So, I believe you're doing fine in school so you should do what you want with your time in class. I stand by my vote of: Nothing wrong with it.

Yes it would have been nice to see UW have a shot at a national title. I hate to break it to you but...

Sat. 09/18/2004 Notre Dame vs Michigan State; East Lansing, MI; aired on ESPN; final score 31-24 (Notre Dame)

I'm a Notre Dame football freak. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GO IRISH!

BaronVonCP 11-18-2004 06:22 PM

I just don't go to class if I'm not going to pay attention.

MarkL444 11-18-2004 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't go to class if I'm not going to pay attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

mandatory

scrub 11-18-2004 08:09 PM

Poker books--highly overrated.

Lectures--similarly underrated.

scrub

MarkL444 11-19-2004 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lectures--similarly underrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are insane. sitting through lecture after lecture after lecture starts to suck after a while.

Mason Malmuth 11-19-2004 02:30 AM

Hi Mark:

As long as you're reading Two Plus Two books I don't see any problem.

Best wishes,
Mason

ArchAngel71857 11-19-2004 02:32 AM

If you go to Michigan State and your major is Packaging, read away, Sparty.

-AA