Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Eights (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400014)

istewart 12-17-2005 12:31 AM

Eights

What do you think of this line? I didn't know much about the flop bettor at the time (multitabling [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) but the rest of the players were peeling with all sorts of hands.

Play it like this? Sometimes (but not that often) I'll lead this flop, but I tried to check/raise this time and obviously that wouldn't have been great here.

FWIW I was betting every river except a 7.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP calls, Button folds.

River: (8 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

milesdyson 12-17-2005 01:35 AM

Re: Eights

i'm giving someone credit for the jack and folding the flop.

12-17-2005 01:36 AM

check-raise the flop.

Edit: wait, i didn't see all those callers. damn what a tables. miles is right. get out while you can.

Peter Harris 12-17-2005 02:49 AM

yar, 5handed no goot. When it gets to you on the river it's 10-1 with an overcall by hero. Anyone? given the turn action? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

12-17-2005 03:10 AM

After the check raise misses because of all the callers I think I let this one go figuring someone has a jack.

Sightless 12-17-2005 03:16 AM

Why not bet out the flop?

PokerSparky 12-17-2005 03:19 AM

I would bet out with two or less opponents here, but with four players yet to act I like checking and seeing what develops. If it's two back to me I can toss this, if a bet comes from an aggressive player in late postition I can checkraise.

Edit: Even with the limpers I usually raise this preflop. Perhaps I shouldn't be against 3 limpers.

JoshuaD 12-17-2005 03:40 AM

I'm dropping it on the flop. It's a small pot, if you're behind you're way behind, and if you're ahead there's almost definitely a very strong draw (or draws) up against you.

The 8's just can't handle all those opponents, especially OOP.