Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   the ub 50/100 game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389007)

12-01-2005 06:45 AM

the ub 50/100 game

hey i am takeover in this game. this is a hand i got involved in against a guy called fanto. he is pretty wild sometimes. we were head ups and i am in the big blind. i had about 28K. he had about 13K.

He raises and I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Chk and call his pot bet

Turn

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I go all-in, making it look like a bluff. Thoughts?

Hattifnatt 12-01-2005 06:58 AM

Re: the ub 50/100 game

Because of this huge overbet (assuming the previous bets/raises was about pot size) I dont think he will call with a 9.

Bowler_Man 12-01-2005 07:56 AM

why not lead with that flop?

The Truth 12-01-2005 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of this huge overbet (assuming the previous bets/raises was about pot size) I dont think he will call with a 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the question is, would you, or had you at some point in this match made a similar play as a bluff? Does your villian have any indication that you will overbet bluff in similar spots?

blake

AdamBragar 12-01-2005 11:44 AM

why not try to checkraise all in on the turn if you're looking to portray that massive bluff? I mean, you've got a pretty good hand, I'd imagine you might have some pretty high fold equity at this point, but no matter what, I'd want to try to get a little more money in the pot before doing this. There's probably 1.4kish in the pot, so right now this seems like a pretty huge overbet. If you check, he pots it again, then at least there's 3.8kish in the pot and it's still a nice sized overbet (he's still got to call around 11kish).

If he checks the turn, maybe push the river cause people love calling rivers looking to pick off bluffs.

chekthastak 12-01-2005 12:25 PM

Off topic but congrats Nick on the WPT win, way to represent for Ace Point!!!!!!!!!

I have never played anything close to 50/100 so I won't entertain saying if it's a good play or not. But I can say I started using this play with a big hand watching the 50/100 game and realizing guys were doing this with big hands and getting called.

KaneKungFu123 12-01-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Off topic but congrats Nick on the WPT win, way to represent for Ace Point!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

arod15 12-01-2005 02:07 PM

I like the push there. It seems like a bluff. I generally dont like check raising with a big hand like that. I think leading is better, i tend to check raise to move people off hands not to portray bluffs....

neon 12-01-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey i am takeover in this game. this is a hand i got involved in against a guy called fanto. he is pretty wild sometimes. we were head ups and i am in the big blind. i had about 28K. he had about 13K.

He raises and I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Chk and call his pot bet

Turn

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I go all-in, making it look like a bluff. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Nick.

You play good.

I think this is fine, assuming that sometimes you'll make a similar bet as a semi-bluff w/ spades or 78, and also that Fanto potting the flop means he has *something* he might talk himself into calling w/ more often than he's got QJo . . . Dunno though, this is such a big bet, he might even be able to give you 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and get away from a real hand.

Welcome to the boards,

-neon.

scdavis0 12-01-2005 03:39 PM

this play seems more effective if there is some plausible extra draw that you could have picked up on the turn to go with whatever you called with on the flop