Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I have an online tell. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=268818)

bholdr 06-08-2005 06:31 PM

I have an online tell.

I have a big fat online tell that i've just noticed...

I'm not one to chat, for the most part. sometimes, if there's a big fish in the game, i'll make a point to chat with him a lot and become his new best freind as i try to take his money, but other than that, the only thing i use the chat box for is to say "ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz" when some slow-ass is killing my hourly.

...and i just noticed that i only do it when i have a hand, usually, a big one. so i carefully watched my play for a couple of hours today and i don't think there's any associated symptoms- i take the same ammount of time to bet/call/fold/raise, etc... it's just the ZZZZZZZZZZZZz thing.

hmmmm... i will no longer be saying that, or anything else for a while. I doubt that any of my opponents have been attentive enough to pick up on it, but who knows? you guys ever noticed your own tells? you think anyone's been able to profit from them?

wayabvpar 06-08-2005 06:34 PM

Re: I have an online tell.

I always check to see if the person who is impatient is in the hand; seems like a reasonably reliable tell that they have a hand; if they planned to muck, they could use the autofold button and go back to surfing pr0n.

TStoneMBD 06-08-2005 06:41 PM

so youre the guy who always says ZZZZzzzzzZZZ at my poker tables when im slow. i hate you. leave me alone.

Bradyams 06-08-2005 06:41 PM

Yep, I've always paid attention to this. Sometimes it's just an impatient LAG who loves action, but I find it mostly comes from players still in the hand and are probably itching to bet or raise.

spamuell 06-08-2005 06:55 PM

Don't stop, just start doing it when you have crap and are itching to fold. It really annoys me when people take ages, gah, although it annoys me most when I'm stuck like 75BB in an hour and I just want to play some hands.

HRFats 06-08-2005 07:03 PM

I noticed a tell of mine last night (and it's an obvious one I should have known about). If I had the big blind and had crap, I clicked the check/fold button. If I had good hands I waited until it was my turn, then made my decision. I noticed a guy to my left would bet large whenever I did the check/fold thing but was more cautious when I didn't...Dumb rookie move, huh??

MrTrik 06-08-2005 08:54 PM

My tells:

Luckily they aren't probably sensed by my online opponents ...

But, my wife has noticed I'm in a quite rigid state when the cards are going well. It's worked out well for us. Except the damn ticking. I hate that stopwatch she uses to check for the 4 hour situation that could indicate a serious medical condition and a call to the Doc.

Conversely, she's also noticed serious flapping noises and a terrible odor I emmit when the cards are going bad. She's taken to buying Beano brand pills to accomodate this condition.

Oh well, I'm working on reducing my tells.

Siingo 06-08-2005 10:25 PM

I have thought about this one too.. There is two thing that is posibal to do against this. Either always wait or start to always use the check box whit a good hand. That way wont they know if you have clicked the check/fold or the check box....

bholdr 06-08-2005 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so youre the guy who always says ZZZZzzzzzZZZ at my poker tables when im slow. i hate you. leave me alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then HURRY THE HELL UP, K-HOLE! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

krimson 06-09-2005 09:54 AM

pre-action-check is a pretty bad tell. However these pre-action buttons can be used for evil as well. Auto-raise/bet bluffs and auto-check middle position with big hands.