Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dreams & poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366083)

valenzuela 10-26-2005 05:46 PM

Dreams & poker

Is this the right forum??
Suppose you dream a dead relative of yours comes and tells you" call with 52o when it matters the most", then in 4 more days you have the same exact dream.
Anyway youre playing a big buy-in NLHE tournament( big = youre excited about playing the tournament because of the buy-in)6 players left and youre the second biggest stack.( the avg.stack is like 25x the BB, u have 35 BB or so)
Anyway a shorty pushes, the big stack pushes on top of him and youre looking at 52o, do you??

mackthefork 10-26-2005 05:58 PM

Re: Dreams & poker

[ QUOTE ]
Is this the right forum??
Suppose you dream a dead relative of yours comes and tells you" call with 52o when it matters the most", then in 4 more days you have the same exact dream.
Anyway youre playing a big buy-in NLHE tournament( big = youre excited about playing the tournament because of the buy-in)6 players left and youre the second biggest stack.( the avg.stack is like 25x the BB, u have 35 BB or so)
Anyway a shorty pushes, the big stack pushes on top of him and youre looking at 52o, do you??

[/ QUOTE ]

No way I'm folding that [censored] when I get to see all 5 cards and the winning hand, I'd never forgive myself.

Mack

yellowjack 10-26-2005 06:11 PM

This question is analogous to asking if you believe in fate.

valenzuela 10-26-2005 06:12 PM

I would call as well, but that isnt a rational desition. Even though I know it irrational I would still make the call, btw Ive had precognitive dreams.

Mr. Curious 10-26-2005 06:33 PM

I would fold, but curiously await the final board to see how the 52o would have fit into it.

btw - You forgot to mention whether or not you liked your relative and whether or not they liked you. I think that could have a bit of influence on your decision.

10-26-2005 08:45 PM

Do you play based on feelings or do you play based on reason?

Rasputin 10-26-2005 10:19 PM

The only dead relative I have that would come tell me this died before I started playing poker and knows I wouldn't believe the dream anyway.

Hell, he was so rational if there actually is a heaven, and he's there, he probably thinks he's still in the hospital enjoying a morphine induced hallucination.

10-27-2005 02:31 PM

call! but I don't have any relatives knowing anything about poker. and obviously you don't either otherwise you wouldn't get such an advice like calling a big bet with 2,5 offsuit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

onegymrat 10-27-2005 04:52 PM

My dead relatives didn't play cards, so I guess it would have to be one of the Binions for me to push.

kelvin474 10-27-2005 05:01 PM

lol, i call. wtf? I'm already 6th, that probably makes good money anyway right?

Change it to the first hand of a monster tourney, or "Everyone pushes into you on the first hand and you have 52o" to isolate the "do you believe" factor.