Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Giving up too much by not reraising river??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397745)

WallyWattz 12-13-2005 05:35 PM

Giving up too much by not reraising river???

I thought it was kind of fishy that the first position player was check calling the whole way and cold calling two bets and then leads out on the river. I thought he could have been slowplaying a set or maybe hit a straight on the end. Should I have reraised the river?

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot:

I'm not sure why it isn't showing all the bets on each street. I am using bison's hand converter. Anyone know what the problem is?

joeski19 12-13-2005 05:42 PM

Re: Giving up too much by not reraising river???

Not sure what the problem is, but feel free to type the action in if you want help. Can't really comment otherwise.

WalkAmongUs 12-13-2005 05:45 PM

I don't know what all of the action is but from what I see, yes, you should have raised the river and called a 3-bet.

WallyWattz 12-13-2005 06:06 PM

Here is the conversion with all the bets and such.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

12-13-2005 07:32 PM

I think I raise the river and call a 3-bet.

BBB

@bsolute_luck 12-13-2005 11:21 PM

looks like KQ. you've shown strength, i see no point in raising w/o some "hey i'm stupid" read.