Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   A9o slightly tricky scenario. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394699)

oreogod 12-09-2005 03:05 AM

A9o slightly tricky scenario.

Button is decent. 26/19 I belive, steals a good amount, can and will put pressure on u. He just sat down 1 round ago, so Im in a lame seat unforutunantly.

SB is a loose player, can and will be aggressive with a hand, usually.

10/20 (6handed)

As9c in bb.

Btn raise, sb cc, I call.

9d6h4h. sb checks, I bet (button will probably raise overs a good amount here, as most ppl will with overs), btn does raise, sb calls, I call.

Turn:4c.

I lead out.

1.What is your action if he raises and sb folds (turn/river -- I usually call/call, sometimes c/r against some players)?
2.what is your action if he raises and sb calls?

Without influencing your actions on those questions, the river was a Q of clubs.

Danenania 12-09-2005 03:18 AM

Re: A9o slightly tricky scenario.

I would often 3-bet PF but calling's cool. I think checkraising the flop is far better than leading out. If you plan to lead the turn I see no reason not to 3-bet the flop.

As for your questions, I'm calling down in either scenario by default. I might bet/fold the river if it gets HU with button, if I trust him.

TMFS9 12-09-2005 03:26 AM

If you feel he will raise with overs, I think you must 3 bet the flop. I'm not sure how good villan is here, but I think you define your hand pretty well by donking the flop and then re donking the turn.

In regards to your question I call a turn raise, and possibly fold the river unimproved but likely call the river as well.

goofball 12-09-2005 06:47 AM

I thought the whole point of inducing him to raise with over was so you could 3bet him, then you didn't. I was sad. 3bet the flop, SB coldclaling shouldn't scare you. Seems like a draw if you say he's aggressive, he could also have pussed up with a 9 or soemthing, who knows. Given that you didn't 3bet the flop then the turn bet is a must. If he raises I probably just call down. Folding is weak and 3betting is spewing. If SB coldcalls again I put him squarely on an 8+out draw. If he checkraises the river though you should fold.

12-09-2005 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might bet/fold the river if it gets HU with button, if I trust him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dane,

I don't want to hijack oreo's post, but this is a situation that comes up fairly often and I'd like your opinion on it.

If someone has position + initiative on the river, and I donk/call, I find that many opponents who are otherwise "trustworthy" will get defensive over a donk bet and raise a worse hand out of aggrevation.

People's reflex reactions to the unexpected will often result in a larger margin of error (especially with LPPs and LAGs) when we try to categorize their player traits. I believe this is one of those situations and for that reason, bet/folding scares the sh!t out of me here.