Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Alcohol question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349573)

MrWookie47 10-03-2005 03:37 PM

Re: Alcohol question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think rum would be a fine choice as an alternative alcohol. Red is the best flavor. However, I've never gotten even the slightest bit drunk off of Jello shots. I'm still not convinced the things aren't a big experiment in the placebo effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are making the jello shots wrong. Jello shots are just about the easiest way to get blackout drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep hearing this, but no matter the source of the shots, I never get nothin'. How many half filled Dixie cup-sized shots should I have to consume, typically, to feel like I've got 4 beers in me? What is the proper way to make them, anyway?

Shajen 10-03-2005 03:40 PM

I follow the instructions on the jello packets, but any time it says "water" I use vodka instead.

Anymore than that and they taste like [censored]. Any less and you may as well be mixing them with water.

Ulysses 10-03-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that avatar does nothing for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I feel like it's just about the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life.

J.A.Sucker 10-03-2005 03:56 PM

Jello shots are the work of the devil, so it's appropriate for you to have them on Halloween. I used to make lots of flavors - red, blue, orange (some like that stuff), etc.

Vodka is fine for them, but I have also used rum, tequila, and I made Manhattan jello shots, too. Cherry jello, sweet vermouth, and wild turkey. Bacardi 151 makes for some scary jello shots, as does everclear.

You can also experiment with other odd jello flavors (i.e. make a pina coloda jello shot, etc). I also like to do some marachino cherries that you poke holes in with toothpicks and incubate in everclear or 151 overnight. They soak up lots of booze and become flammable. Quite cool and tasty. Also lead to people puking in your bushes.

10-03-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I feel like it's just about the hottest thing I've ever seen in my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is.

Escape 10-03-2005 04:02 PM

Receipe? I never heard of jello shots before, then again we don't celebrate Halloween?

theben 10-03-2005 04:06 PM

im all for it

tonypaladino 10-03-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say "What, are you gay or something?" but then I saw it was you. The avatar would do nothing for me either if I lived your life.

Shajen 10-03-2005 04:52 PM

do you remember what flavor combos you used with the tequila?

Also, did you use "skank" tequila like Cuervo or what?

Thanks for the info.

prrthd 10-03-2005 05:10 PM

This link is all you will need. I have done about 20 different kinds and most of them go over very well at parties.

Jello Shots