Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should BK hire Tommy Angelo? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338376)

Ulysses 10-24-2005 09:50 PM

Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're saying bike would usually lose 2k playing poker during the time he would spend taking lessons from Tommy? Wow, perhaps he's best off just quitting this poker thing and watching some TV or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly meant excludes el d.

Barrom

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm ... using 'excludes' doesn't fix the problem. Your 'equation' is terribly flawed no matter how you describe it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps Barron will explain to us what 5k*(1-.4) means in this context.

Barron?

flub 10-24-2005 09:53 PM

http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Cra...any_longer.jpg

mplspoker 10-24-2005 11:10 PM

It's just amazing to me that peole have such a profound respect for Tommy on this site and they take it so personally when anyone questions his poker ability. Frankly, I have a lot of respect for BK because he is one of the most financially successful posters on 2+2. For me that is it. I would consider paying BK $5,000 (actually would probably do it) , but wouldn't even consider giving a guy that makes less $$ than i do playing poker $$ for my time..

DcifrThs 10-24-2005 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the price of tommy's services for you are likely to be 5k*(1-.4) or 3k. cost includes lost $ from playing etc. + price.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're saying bike would usually lose 2k playing poker during the time he would spend taking lessons from Tommy? Wow, perhaps he's best off just quitting this poker thing and watching some TV or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly meant excludes el d.

Barrom

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm ... using 'excludes' doesn't fix the problem. Your 'equation' is terribly flawed no matter how you describe it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps Barron will explain to us what 5k*(1-.4) means in this context.

Barron?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is tommy charging? 5k.

what is BK paying in taxes (im assuming he pays 40%.)

since this is a poker expense. and BK is filing as a poker player, these costs are deductible from his income tax.

if he pays more than 40%, then simply make 40% whatever % he pays. 1-40% is the net of tax cost of the price charged for tommy's services.

this price EXCLUDES opportunity cost of not playing/travel etc.

maybe i was being obtuse, but i clearly thought at the very least you would know what i was doing el d.

Barron

rigoletto 10-24-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just amazing to me that peole have such a profound respect for Tommy on this site and they take it so personally when anyone questions his poker ability. Frankly, I have a lot of respect for BK because he is one of the most financially successful posters on 2+2. For me that is it. I would consider paying BK $5,000 (actually would probably do it) , but wouldn't even consider giving a guy that makes less $$ than i do playing poker $$ for my time..

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to mention your age!

ggbman 10-24-2005 11:42 PM

Dud ebw careful be can ban you!!!!!! i Wont remeber this post in the motning.

DcifrThs 10-24-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dud ebw careful be can ban you!!!!!! i Wont remeber this post in the motning.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea gabe...banning the masked man...i'll get right on it

Barron

mplspoker 10-24-2005 11:55 PM

NLSoldier 10-25-2005 12:15 AM

I'll throw in $10 for any mod that bans mplspoker. Im sure others will add to the pot.

Justin A 10-25-2005 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think you make more money playing poker than tommy?