Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   canterbury fall poker classic (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=283600)

beerbandit 06-30-2005 11:26 AM

canterbury fall poker classic

im thinking about this again this year -- trying to make plans -- i know its a few away --- i wanted to had up there last year to check the place out, but didnt make it

is this worth the drive - 8 hours - to come up there for about a week

the tournies and side games --- it doesnt look like there is a hotel in the track/club

any advice?

thanks

PokerBob 06-30-2005 11:37 AM

Re: canterbury fall poker classic

there is a hotel less than 1 mile away. every game below 8/16 is good all the time. the 8 game is usually good too. I know nothing about the tourney's, however.

bicyclekick 06-30-2005 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a hotel less than 1 mile away. every game below 8/16 is good all the time. the 8 game is usually good too. I know nothing about the tourney's, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost every game at every limit is a good game.

PokerBob 06-30-2005 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost every game at every limit is a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

For you. Not all of us can beat every game. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nbajam 06-30-2005 10:49 PM

Check out the Canterbury Inn which is literally across the street from it. There's other hotels in the area as well.

Games are good, room is very well run as well.

augie00 06-30-2005 11:09 PM

What is the fall poker classic? Is there a website? I am very interested in playing this if it's during the right time. Heck, I'd be down for splitting a hotel room to keep costs down w/ another 2+2er.

theredwave 06-30-2005 11:23 PM

Link to Schedule

Link to tournament page

whiskeytown 07-01-2005 12:24 AM

in all fairness, while across the st, it's also across the track, which is probably a 1 mile walk to the front door -

be honest at least - LOL

RB

Edge34 07-01-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the fall poker classic? Is there a website? I am very interested in playing this if it's during the right time. Heck, I'd be down for splitting a hotel room to keep costs down w/ another 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.canterburypark.com for info.

Also, I forget if you can do this at both places, but at at least one hotel, you can ask for the "Cantebury rate" or tell them you are a poker player or something like that, and its like 20 bucks a night.

Edit: realize the website is redundant...I suck at reading tonight.

whiskeytown 07-01-2005 12:55 AM

20 bucks a night is cheaper then most apts - jesus -

I gotta pack up and move south.

RB