Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   B&M madness and I forget to think (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=143453)

brick 11-01-2004 07:27 PM

B&M madness and I forget to think

I normally play online and had a terrible time trying to play live yesterday and lucky chances. I made some huge mistakes because I was not thinking clearly. Two times, for all my chips, my adrenaline was pumping and I did not stop to think. I just did. No think.
This hand is crazy example. Although, I didn’t loose all my chips.

1-1-2 100 max at Lucky Chances.

I was UTG with 88 and open for $4. I have 120.

I get 4 limpers. And the BB calls. 5 ways for $4 each.

The flop was 7h 8c 9h

BB bets 15 (he has 50), I raise to 30. UTG + 10 has about 70 and goes all-in.
1 person folds and the Button thinks for a while and calls. He covers everyone.

Then this guy flips his hand over. 3h5h

The BB goes all-in.

Now the guy to my left says I flopped it, which I confirmed by looking at his hand which he was showing.

I ask for time.

The4thFilm 11-01-2004 07:48 PM

Re: B&M madness and I forget to think

Call. You're like ~35% to win.

brick 11-01-2004 08:00 PM

Just to clarify. The guy on my left had the straight.

admo415 11-01-2004 09:58 PM

He knew, but that 35% is if you boat up, and since there is sooooo much money in the pot, it seems as though you are getting better that 35%

ZManODS 11-01-2004 10:45 PM

Just to let you know if the pot was 3 handed and the oppenent showed the straight you could have reraised him because his hand was dead at that point.

You can only show your cards if its heads-up in a NL cash game.

brick 11-02-2004 01:19 PM

Maybe I should have asked for the floor man! I could have won the pot on a technicality.

Here is my thinking. The guy with the straight is out of chips and so I should re-raise all in against the guy with the flush draw.

If I just call, and then he makes his flush on the turn and decides to bet, he might put me in a situation where I have to call to see the river.

Am I right about this?

brick 11-02-2004 09:26 PM

Bump. what's the right move?

Justin A 11-03-2004 01:38 AM

Push all in. You're obviously calling based on odds to beat the straight guy, so you want to start a side pot with a guy that you have beat. It's about $50 more to the button if you push, so he'll also have to call. But you're a big favorite over his flush draw, so even if you miss your boat you still get a nice side pot if the flush misses.

Justin A

rdu $teve 11-03-2004 11:36 AM

Definately push on the flop.
- the pot is huge

- 36% to win the main & side pots, giving you alot of equity

- 68% to beat the flush draw, you need to get his money in while he still has chance to hit his draw

- you're going to call the bet on the turn if he hits his flush, so you should be the aggressor (a matter of playing style)

- you know he will call your raise, because he is getting pot odds to call with his flush draw; if he thinks his flush will be good

brick 11-03-2004 01:08 PM

My mistake was just calling.

The turn was a blank. For some reason I agreed to check it through. I guess I was being nice to the guy that made a mistake by exposing his hand. (He really didn't realize that I was still in the hand)

The river was heart.