Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Greatest War Movie of All Time - Round Two (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341995)

swede123 09-22-2005 10:43 AM

Greatest War Movie of All Time - Round Two

A few upsets in round one. The most notable one; Enemy at the Gates beating Zulu. Oh well, the people have spoken, and lets move on to round two. Look for more tough matchups. I'm personally going to struggle with Glory vs. Black Hawk Down. Clearly Glory is a better picture but still, it'll be hard to vote against one of my favorite recent movies...

cadillac1234 09-22-2005 10:48 AM

Re: Greatest War Movie of All Time - Round Two

I knew Thin Red Line was doomed to die in round 1

Looks like the end of the line for Master and Commander as well but there is no way I can vote for it against AN.

jakethebake 09-22-2005 10:48 AM

FMJ vs. Dirty Dozen? Wow.

FWIW this was the worst seeding yet. I know you're using ratings or whatever, but there were 1 seeds I've never even heard of. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

swede123 09-22-2005 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW this was the worst seeding yet. I know you're using ratings or whatever, but there were 1 seeds I've never even heard of. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be ashamed of yourself if you don't at least know each of the one seeds. Some of the two and three seeds were a bit obscure but the four one seeds are pretty much widely regarded as great movies, by critics and the public alike. Now get busy catching up on your war movie watching!

Swede

diebitter 09-22-2005 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only one I was really torn over. Can't believe 'where eagles dare' didn't make it.

swede123 09-22-2005 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only one I was really torn over. Can't believe 'where eagles dare' didn't make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was interesting that two great Allistair McLean novel-movies ended up matched up in round one. I agree Where Eagles Dare is better than The Guns of Navarone.

Swede

RunDownHouse 09-22-2005 11:07 AM

YOU PEOPLE ARE VOTING FOR A JUDE LAW MOVIE OVER PATTON! PATTON! Christ, what is wrong with you? Enemy shouldn't have gotten out of the first round.

SL__72 09-22-2005 11:07 AM

Poor Tae Guk Gik... such a good movie but I'm sure very few have seen it since its foriegn. The Longest Day is a tough matchup anyway.

SL__72 09-22-2005 11:08 AM

I voted for it in the first round because I honestly didn't really like Zulu... I don't see why its getting votes over Patton other then maybe more people have seen it?

Whats wrong with Jude Law though?

jakethebake 09-22-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I voted for it in the first round because I honestly didn't really like Zulu... I don't see why its getting votes over Patton other then maybe more people have seen it?

Whats wrong with Jude Law though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's never heard of Patton? Wtf?

And Jude law as a sniper? They might as well have cast Elijiah Wood. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]