Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   $10-$20 live game, pocket Kings in the BB and your opponent is ... ME (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323552)

BarronVangorToth 08-26-2005 05:50 PM

$10-$20 live game, pocket Kings in the BB and your opponent is ... ME

(credit to, I believe, Clarkmeister for doing some posts like this for which I am now about to blatantly rip off in format.)

You're playing in your usual live $10-$20 game and here comes ... Barron Vangor Toth.

You recognize his name from 2+2 and you have read his articles on this site, over at Gutshot, and his daily "news" posts on Daniel's Negreanu's STACKED site.

You start chit-chatting with him and blah blah blah.

He is in the cut-off and open-raises.

It's folded to you in the big blind and you look down to find:

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Oh, my! It's someone who writes for the 2+2 magazine and who has been beating live games for higher stakes than this as of late. You should probably fold... but you decide not to, as he open-raised in late position and he looks rather tired as he just got back from some convention.

You instead three bet. He calls you.

Pot: $65 (3.25 BB)

The flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

You bet and he instantly raises.

What do you do?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Entity 08-26-2005 05:53 PM

Re: $10-$20 live game, pocket Kings in the BB and your opponent is ...

I tend to not overthink things even against good aggressive opposition, and I don't mess around often OOP. So I 3-bet.

Rob

krubban 08-26-2005 06:12 PM

Re: $10-$20 live game, pocket Kings in the BB and your opponent is ... ME

I instantly reraise with a grim look on my face.

shant 08-26-2005 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to not overthink things even against good aggressive opposition, and I don't mess around often OOP. So I 3-bet.

Shant

[/ QUOTE ]

ripdog 08-26-2005 06:17 PM

immediate 3-bet.

Rezman5 08-26-2005 06:22 PM

I would 3 bet the flop and lead the turn. I dont like calling and going for a checkraise because it is too likely a flush or straight draw will check behind on the expensive street and fold the river UI. If the 3-bet gets capped or our bet on the turn gets raised then I would think a bit on his hand ranges, as he could have made a set with his TT or 99.

newhizzle 08-26-2005 06:23 PM

Re: $10-$20 live game, pocket Kings in the BB and your opponent is ... ME

i 3-bet

ripdog 08-26-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would 3 bet the flop and lead the turn. I dont like calling and going for a checkraise because it is too likely a flush or straight draw will check behind on the expensive street and fold the river UI. If the 3-bet gets capped or our bet on the turn gets raised then I would think a bit on his hand ranges, as he could have made a set with his TT or 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had images blocked and didn't see the hearts initially. I change my answer to 3-bet.

SmileyEH 08-26-2005 06:26 PM

Call and lead a non heart turn. It's very likely that if Barron is semibluffing 3betting has almost neutral EV.

-SmileyEH

callmedonnie 08-26-2005 06:30 PM

I do some reraising of my own. If you cap I lead the turn. If you don't, I lead the turn.