Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   My last NL post for a while (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371887)

tpir90036 11-04-2005 03:23 PM

My last NL post for a while

I clearly don't get this game. There is just something in my brain that doesn't click no matter how much I think that it's staring to.

A hand from this afternoon: 5/10 NL. Player who could be really good but brings his C game way too often opens to $40 in MP. I call in the SB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Super clown calls in the BB. Effective stacks of $900.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
I check, BB checks, MP bets $100, I fold, BB folds. MP shows 88. I tell my neighbor what I had for some reason and he tells the rest of the table for some reason. They laugh. I rack up and leave because I think eating sushi and taking a nap would be a better use of my afternoon.

Thanks to everyone for responding to my crappy posts in this forum. Here is on more for old times sake! Hopefully I will be back someday... but I think I belong in a limit game where I can play like a passive moron and have it just cost me a few bets here and there.

Take care,
tpir

Allinlife 11-04-2005 03:25 PM

Re: My last NL post for a while

run away from your problems

bet the flop

flawless_victory 11-04-2005 03:27 PM

your play is fine.

Big_Jim 11-04-2005 03:28 PM

A little weak-tight, but not too bad.

Either lead the flop, or check/raise and put no more money in the pot, if you want a chance to win it.

tpir90036 11-04-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
run away from your problems

bet the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
why? i am announcing almost exactly what my hand is. is a worse hand calling? is a better hand folding? someone with any two cards could raise and i have to fold.

Big_Jim 11-04-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why? i am announcing almost exactly what my hand is

[/ QUOTE ]

Lead more flops.

Yeti 11-04-2005 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

why? i am announcing almost exactly what my hand is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you do this with tons of other holdings.

Big_Jim 11-04-2005 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is a better hand folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but lots of hands with 6 outs will.

Indiana 11-04-2005 03:32 PM

I'm no great cash game player but how about a fold preflop?

Indy

psuasskicker 11-04-2005 03:33 PM

I'm no great cash game player but how about a fold preflop?

lol...