Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   my shortest session ever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341987)

Tommy Angelo 09-22-2005 10:32 AM

my shortest session ever

I slipped into the Mirage poker room in the wee hours and there was a four-handed $20-40 game going. I went to the cage and got a couple racks and I sat down. The guy on my left was racking up six racks of chips and the other players were giving him some unfriendly heck about running over the game and quitting. The button was two spots to my right which meant it was my big blind which is when I would normally enter the game. The guy on my left said to me, "Oh, thanks for showing up. Now I get another hand before I quit, maybe I can draw some more blood from these guys."

I sat, gazing at a spot on the felt in front of my chips. The dealer said, "Would you like to come in now?"

I said, "I'll wait."

The guy on my left barked, "Wait for what?" This is the right time to come in!!"

He kept making more sounds. I was thinking of what the answer to his question actually was. I decided that I was waiting for the sun to nova.

He was still making sounds, and then he took his big blind and started unracking his chips. There was a song from Abbey Road coming from the ceiling and I couldn't hear it well enough. Nothing felt right. I filled two of his empties with my chips and quit. No hands to report from this session! Literally!

Tommy

random 09-22-2005 10:35 AM

Re: my shortest session ever

What did you end up doing?

Turning Stone Pro 09-22-2005 11:22 AM

I am seriously and sincerely impressed (no joke).

I am very impressed, this was so cool. To sit down to play in a small-stakes game, jerk people around, then have the discipline to get up and quit without playing a hand like an obnoxious, spoiled 6 year old kid or trust-fund frat boy.

When I grow up, I can only dream of making $65,000 per year living this incredible lifestyle. So awesome.

TSP

BigEndian 09-22-2005 11:25 AM

Re: I am seriously and sincerely impressed (no joke).

[ QUOTE ]
like an obnoxious, spoiled 6 year old kid or trust-fund frat boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony, thy name is TSP.

- Jim

mplspoker 09-22-2005 11:28 AM

Re: I am seriously and sincerely impressed (no joke).

LOL... well put TSP..

flair1239 09-22-2005 11:55 AM

Not mentally ready to play, in what was probably a slightly unhinged game?

andyfox 09-22-2005 12:01 PM

She came in through the bathroom window
Protected by a silver spoon
But now she sucks her thumb and wanders
By the banks of her own lagoon

Didn't anybody tell her?
Didn't anybody see?
Sunday's on the phone to Monday,
Tuesday's on the phone to me

She said she'd always been a dancer
She worked at 15 clubs a day
And though she thought I knew the answer
Well I knew what I could not say.

And so I quit the police department
And got myself a steady job
And though she tried her best to help me
She could steal but she could not rob

Didn't anybody tell her?
Didn't anybody see?
Sunday's on the phone to Monday,
Tuesday's on the phone to me
Oh yeah.

STLantny 09-22-2005 12:13 PM

I dont get the harsh replies, he decided to not sit in a game, that was probably not a good one to begin with.

glen 09-22-2005 12:28 PM

wow

I was listening to that song when I opened your post. . . good times. I love the second half of Abbey Road. . . I was thinking of "You never give me your money" after I read Tommy's post. . .

magithighs 09-22-2005 12:32 PM

This is the beauty of playing for a living. You get to chose who you work with, AND your customers. But that may be lost on some.

Cheers
Magi