Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Share your veteran move as a rookie in new environment (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401783)

12-20-2005 01:43 AM

Share your veteran move as a rookie in new environment

While doing Laundry in my first month of freshman year (still in the middle of freshman year), I did two cycles in the dryer and my clothes still felt slightly damp. I didn't feel like paying the extra $1 for 60 minutes (of which only 10-15 would be needed). I took my laundry out and put it in someone elses dryer who had 50 minutes left. I took my clothes out 20 minutes later. Perfection.

Every so often each one of us makes a "veteran" move share yours...

istewart 12-20-2005 01:45 AM

Re: Share your veteran move as a rookie in new environment

WHAT THE [censored]?!?!!?

Dynasty 12-20-2005 01:50 AM

One of the strange things about the influx of youngsters to 2+2 and OOT is that we've had quite a few laundry threads in the past year.

Blarg 12-20-2005 01:52 AM

Mine has had different variations. One was throwing someone's clothes who had weaseled into my dryer or washer in a dumpster. One was throwing them in the garage on the ground. One was throwing them in the bushes. I'm deeply ashamed to say that one was just taking them out and forgetting about it. I was less enlightened then. One was keeping their clothes for about a month before bringing them back to the laundry room. One was throwing a pair of jeans I found into the swimming pool.

Blarg 12-20-2005 01:53 AM

They're still fascinated and secretly thrilled by the thought of underwear.

YourFoxyGrandma 12-20-2005 01:54 AM

I don't get it. First of all, mixing your clothes in with someone else's is kindof a dick move, on top of which, you're inevitably going to lose socks, etc. Also, some dude's gonna kick the [censored] out of you when he catches you messing with his dryer.

Unoriginalname 12-20-2005 02:07 AM

I'm not sure if this is a really smart move. Is saving $1 really worth the risk of being in a very awkward position if the person returns before you take your clothes out?

12-20-2005 02:14 AM

I live in a dorm and I don't own laundry detergent.

pryor15 12-20-2005 02:17 AM

that seems more like a rookie move, and not a very intelligent one at that.

tpir90036 12-20-2005 02:37 AM

If the dryers have the slide-in multi-quarter thing your rookie mistake was paying at all.