Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   On the Come (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379695)

blumpkin22 11-16-2005 02:59 PM

On the Come

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.05 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___double bets
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (5.03 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (8.03 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___X
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___X

Jeffage 11-16-2005 03:07 PM

Re: On the Come

Your 6th street play works for me since: it's now less likely seat 7 has trip deuces so you can more solidly put him on two pair. You have many ways to outdraw 2 pair, particularly if it's 10's up and you have the spade backup. On the river, you get an extra bet in if you hit either of the hands your drawing at or you can check behind. Plus, you put pressure on the other asshat if he too is trailing. What's not to like?

Jeff

preiserone 11-16-2005 08:51 PM

Played it perfectly I think. You may be behind a little but you've got a good shot at getting 10's up to fold and if you dont no big deal your hand is so live it looks like half the deck can hit you on the river for a winner.

11-16-2005 09:29 PM

If one of the values of such a bet is to get at least 1 opponent to fold, then it is unlikely to happen, as few will fold on sixth, especially with each having put in 1 bet. As such, I prefer the call and I hope I hit. You will likely be checked to on river anyway. I would rather see you minimize your investment here on 6th until you have the better hand.

Jacob_Gilliam 11-17-2005 12:02 AM

I need to be making more plays like this.

benwood 11-17-2005 02:06 AM

Some numbers:Thee are 43 remaining cards. Eight of them will flush you + 6 A's & Q's for 2 high pair.This gives you 14 winning cards to 29 losers, almost 1/3rd.

benwood 11-17-2005 02:15 AM

Some numbers:There are 43 remaining cards. Eight of them will flush you + six A's & Q's for 2 high pair. You will hit a presumed winner 14 times & miss 29 times. About 2 to 1 against.

blumpkin22 11-17-2005 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some numbers:There are 43 remaining cards. Eight of them will flush you + six A's & Q's for 2 high pair. You will hit a presumed winner 14 times & miss 29 times. About 2 to 1 against.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, your numbers are so wrong it's not even funny. Actually, it kind of is funny.

Assuming jacks up or better will win, we have the following.

Wins: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Losses: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

That's right, 18/33 > 0.5. If you make some inferences about my opponents probable holdings (Jeff - does it look like pair + heart draw rather than tens up?), it's even better than that.

Ship it.

blumpkin22 11-17-2005 08:09 PM

Results

Seat 3 folded to the raise on 6th street. I made queens up on the river, my opponent checked and called my bet. My opponent had pocket threes for 3s and 2s.

benwood 11-18-2005 12:34 AM

Blumpkin22:Yea, you're right. My numbers were pretty absurd. I was so tired & sleepy last night that when I subtracted 19 from 52, I came up with 43. Then, when I was figuring your outs, I forgot about the 4's, 2's & the remaining J. Oh well, at least you had a good laugh at my expense.(LOL). Good luck to you. Ben.