Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   At what stakes should I consider leaving Stars for a softer site? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371551)

jj_frap 11-04-2005 01:53 AM

At what stakes should I consider leaving Stars for a softer site?

This is a long term question, as I don't see myself being able to afford a bigger game than PLO50 any time soon.

Having played at Stars and having watched micro-limit Omaha at other sites, I can comfortably say that the players are so wretched at these stakes that the difference between sites -- unlike in HE -- is infintesimally small. I've also heard, however, that after PLO100, Stars gets considerably tougher than other sites.

I only play PLO25 and have started playing PLO50 over the past couple of weeks.

I normally play 1 - 2 tables and will occasionally play 3 if there are a lot of soft games at a given time.

I intend to buy PTO this weekend (when I know that I won't have to pay it off till late December) now that these past 3 months have cemented Omaha as my game of choice.

Big Dave D 11-04-2005 03:48 AM

Re: At what stakes should I consider leaving Stars for a softer site?

10-20

gl

Dave

wonderwes 11-04-2005 05:23 AM

I would try either party or paradise.

pfkaok 11-08-2005 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

10-20

gl

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

well. this is a related question. i've been playing the $200 games at stars lately, and the games seem quite good.

however, i'm not really sure where to play between $200 and $2k. it seems like stars offers a bit of $400, but party is pretty bare in the midlimits. are there other sites good for PLO, or do you just have to take the big jump at some point?

TheRempel 11-08-2005 05:19 AM

The $400 games on UB are very, very good when they are going.

pfkaok 11-08-2005 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. do they run very often? i might hvae to get some money in there if they do. also, are there any $600 or $1000 games that go regularly?

Filip 11-09-2005 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS on this one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The $400 consists of the winning players from $100-200 buyin games and few remaining highstakes player that populate the $10/25 game. Maybe i have just been unlucky with my table partners but i wouldnt rate that game as very very good.

pfkaok 11-09-2005 02:21 AM

hehe. ok. well i won't rush to get my money in there.

even though i haven't played a ton of PLO, i can tell pretty easily that the stars $200 game is good, just b/c of the mistakes i see people constantly making. i'm no expert or anything, but i can spot the horrible mistakes pretty well. but mostly i'm just curious as to game selection for the PLO experts out there. if there's a lot of games in the $400-1000 level at smaller sites and you guys don't want to let out the name then i understand that. if you don't want to post on here to ruin some of the games, then could somebody at least PM me, and i promise i'm not good enough to ruin the games. if not i'll just have to do some searching on my own i suppose. any info is greatly appreciated though.

jomatty 11-10-2005 01:20 AM

the party 400 and 600 still goes fairly regularly although its often 6 max. its about as good as could be i imagine although i admit to not having played all the games.
matty

DRKEVDC 11-10-2005 05:40 PM

Interpoker gets a 500 game going quite often that is very soft.