Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   My brother decked a girl. Dunno to laugh or be ashamed.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382190)

daryn 11-20-2005 06:44 PM

Re: My brother decked a girl. Dunno to laugh or be ashamed....

i think it was justified. nobody is above a little physical contact. if she PUNCHED YOU AND BUSTED YOUR LIP OPEN, i couldn't fault you for hitting back.

Vavavoom 11-20-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a firm believer that there exist plenty of cases where it would be right to punch a woman. This is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you furnish with an example of such a case?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if my life or any member of my familys was in danger to any degree....I could happily hit a woman....

ilya 11-20-2005 06:46 PM

"They wanted to be equal...I made her equal."

Yeti 11-20-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a firm believer that there exist plenty of cases where it would be right to punch a woman. This is not one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a good thread about this topic a few months back.

As for examples, if a woman was trying to stab me, she would be hit. Someone in that thread was attacked by a nutter in a bar who tried to glass him for no reason. Obviously punching here is also fine.

TheMainEvent 11-20-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a good thread about this topic a few months back.

As for examples, if a woman was trying to stab me, she would obviously be hit. Someone in that thread was attacked by a nutter in a bar who tried to glass him for no reason. Obviously punching here is also fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a woman attacks you, the idea is to do what is necessary to end the situation. If she has a weapon then punching her is necessary. If she is half your size and unarmed there is no reason you should have to do this.

11-20-2005 06:51 PM

Equal rights can't just take in the good.

ilya 11-20-2005 06:51 PM

IMO her gender is incidental. What is relevant is whether his and her strength are in the same ballpark. The closer that is to being true, the more justified he was in hitting her.

Yeti 11-20-2005 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When a woman attacks you, the idea is to do what is necessary to end the situation. If she has a weapon then punching her is necessary. If she is half your size and unarmed there is no reason you should have to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't realise there was a universally accepted 'idea' for situations like these.

If a woman is 'big and 'ard' enough to start trying to bottle people, she is similarly 'big and 'ard' enough to get a good beating.

FWIW, I think the guy in that thread just skimmed her pretty hard into a pool table.

-Skeme- 11-20-2005 06:54 PM

You guys aren't acknowledging the main factor.. this being it was his natural reaction to being punched in the face, not a planned attack. He didn't get punched and then think, "I'm gonna beat up a woman."

If he got hit, then chased her down and smacked her, sure, be ashamed.. but a good punch to the face will make almost anybody swing back instantly before realizing it's a chick.

TheMainEvent 11-20-2005 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I didn't realise there was a universally accepted 'idea' for situations like these.

If a woman is 'big and 'ard' enough to start trying to bottle people, she is similarly 'big and 'ard' enough to get a good beating

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I said if she has a weapon you should punch her. A bottle counts.