Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Overcards (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347122)

gaming_mouse 09-29-2005 06:35 PM

Overcards

This may be standard. I had no read on villain.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.20 BB

toss 09-29-2005 06:37 PM

Re: Overcards

Standard at full ring for me. Don't know if its different Short Handed. Probably not.

TheHammer24 09-29-2005 06:39 PM

I don't see any other way to play it. Raise flop for free card? Nah, you're play is standard

gaming_mouse 09-29-2005 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard at full ring for me. Don't know if its different Short Handed. Probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]

k, thanks. just checking....

toss 09-29-2005 06:54 PM

You probably should post in HUSH if you've already haven't. I probably have holes in my game at this limit.

limitholdemshark 09-29-2005 07:21 PM

aggression wins the money!!!
u had 2 choises on the flop and only 2.either fold or raise.
the mp player may be running a semibluff with a flush draw when he bets into u.Raise to define his hand and to also drive out the bb if bb has something like a small pocket pair or even big slick he would be hard pressed to call cold 2 bets on the flop.if the bb does cold call 2 bets i would fear him more than the mp.if the bb does fold then u have isolated the mp in heads up play if he calls ur raise .as a matter of fact he might fold on the flop if he was taking a stab at the pot as a pure bluff.if on the other hand he calls ur raise and the turn hits u or not bet out unless a diamond comes.if one does come take a free card and if on the river he bets out and u havent improved fold.
option 2 is to fold on the flop.this can be done only if u have the image of a solid aggressive player.And,thats because inorder nfor a player to bet into a player who raised preflop and is feared at the table the bettor more than likly has a legit hand alowing u to fold with honer.however if someone bets into u again in a simmular situation u may have to take a stand.

shant 09-29-2005 07:30 PM

It's not always raise or fold. It's dependent on the read of MP2. If he is one to bet draws, then a raise is fine because it knocks out the BB and gets you a free card and A-high may be the best hand.

It also could be a top pair hand that is looking to 3-bet you on the flop. Putting in 3 bets on this flop if you're drawing to 6 or so tainted outs isn't a lot of fun.