Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Super Bowl Sunday TV poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=191079)

Bulldog 02-06-2005 03:19 PM

Super Bowl Sunday TV poker

Is there a new episode of something poker-related on today?

Autocratic 02-06-2005 03:21 PM

Re: Super Bowl Sunday TV poker

Travel Channel WPT marathon (old ones, of course), and at 4 on NBC, the last round of the Poker Superstars Invitational.

ClaytonN 02-06-2005 03:51 PM

NBC said recently it was coming up next, so maybe it's 3PM EST?

Either way, I'm watching the final of PSI over any super bowl pregame show.

ace_in_the_hole 02-06-2005 03:55 PM

So is that PSI on the fsn channel or is it on NBC for the special day?? Thanks.

pancakes 02-06-2005 03:59 PM

it is on NBC at 3:00 p.m central standard time and they will have new commentaters including Erik Lindgren in to replace Mark Gregorich

TimTimSalabim 02-06-2005 05:29 PM

I can't stand the commentary already: "Doyle checks, and Barry raises to 45k".

MicroBob 02-06-2005 05:33 PM

Yeah...that's Matt Vasgersian doing play-by-play instead of Chris Rose.

Don't know why Rose isn't on Best Damn Sports show on FSN anymore either but that's a different topic.

Vasgersian did NBC's coverage of softball and baseball in the olympics and has done play-by-play for the milwauwkee Brewers and I believe is currently with the SD Padres.

I'm not exactly a big fan of his work to be honest...but I think he's doing a pretty competent job on the poker.
"and after ante-ing $5000 (or whatever it was) Chan is only left with $19-thousand so he's all-in."
Actually mentioning the details of the stack-size and alluding to its relevance is something that ESPN-WSOP and WPT don't do nearly enough of.

His comment that the other players were less familiar with Gus Hansen than the other players seemed kind of strange though. It's not like Hansen just showed up today and started playing with these guys.

The graphics are hard to read though...I have a hard time seeing the 'all-in $152,000' numbers underneath the players name.

different topic...I haven't paid much attention to this PSI stuff.
What's the deal and how does it work?
it looks like it's just the same guys over and over.
Is it just 4 seperate tournaments with these guys.
What is the prize-structure?

TimTimSalabim 02-06-2005 05:40 PM

I also hate it when commentators call Gus Hansen "aggressive", confusing it with "loose". Hansen is probably the most passive player at that table. Erik, at least, should know better. The other guy seems like a complete idiot.

Tevyee 02-06-2005 05:47 PM

I think both commentators are doing a fairly good job. You have to keep in mind the target audience is mostly casual poker fans, so you have to keep the poker lingo simple. On a side note, does anyone know why all of the poker commercials for websites are for .nets. Why is it PokerStars.Net, PartyPoker.Net, FullTiltPoker.Net, etc. as a pose to .com? Lols! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Russ McGinley 02-06-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think both commentators are doing a fairly good job. You have to keep in mind the target audience is mostly casual poker fans, so you have to keep the poker lingo simple. On a side note, does anyone know why all of the poker commercials for websites are for .nets. Why is it PokerStars.Net, PartyPoker.Net, FullTiltPoker.Net, etc. as a pose to .com? Lols! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the response to this somewhere on this site, either in the Internet forum or here. Its because you can't legally advertise a gambling website or some such thing. That's why there are many references to "play for free" and the disclaimer "This is not a gambling website." The .nets are apparently the "free" sides of the regular sites.