Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Asian Fugitive (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352397)

peterchi 10-07-2005 09:42 AM

Asian Fugitive

So, yesterday I found out through the mail that there is currently a warrant out for my arrest in the state of New Jersey.

...what crime did I commit?

Well, a couple of months ago I was at a Beach Ultimate tournament in Wildwood. On one of the nights a friend and I went out for a walk on the boardwalk, tossing a frisbee as we walked and chatted. A couple of cops passed by us and told us to stop. Being drunk, we did, until we couldn't see them anymore, and then resumed. But apparently they could still see us, because they caught up to us and wrote us tickets.

Being the stubborn dumbass that I am, and thinking that I could get away with it since I don't live in New Jersey, I chose to completely ignore this ticket. Hence I subsequently received a letter informing me of the warrant.

The letter said that I would have to show up to the Wildwood police department and post bail ($258) and then I would be informed of my court date.

1) How [censored] lame is it that they put out a warrant for my arrest for throwing a mother-[censored] frisbee on the mother-[censored] boardwalk??

2) I'm trying to figure out if I can handle this without actually showing up to court. I'll gladly pay any fine at this point by sending a check in the mail, but I really can't take a day off of work to go to New Jersey. Any thoughts on this?

3) SISCKM?

I've also started talking to my sister about this; she has a law degree and actually, New Jersey is in her jurisdiction. I knew I wouldn't regret driving her to her NJ bar exam [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Shajen 10-07-2005 09:43 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

http://www.lil-fingers.com/coloring/images/sw-run.gif

samjjones 10-07-2005 09:45 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

http://goldenscore.free.fr/images/fugitive.jpg

daryn 10-07-2005 09:51 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

come on dude, this is super weak. your pic adds nothing. now if you were to have photoshopped an asian guy's face over harrison ford's, you would have accomplished something.

OOT 101

peterchi 10-07-2005 10:04 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

[ QUOTE ]
now if you were to have photoshopped an asian guy's face over harrison ford's, you would have accomplished something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's kind of exactly what I was hoping for in writing this post

sleepyjoeyt 10-07-2005 10:12 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

There's a warrant out for my arrest in NJ as well.

I was told the same thing - no way to just pay it, I need to go post bond and attend a court date. I never did.

6 years later nothing has happened, yet.

peterchi 10-07-2005 10:16 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

And you're an attorney?

Has anything gone on your record? (I'm guessing you could find out through lexis or something? I don't really know...)

sleepyjoeyt 10-07-2005 11:16 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

Not that I know of. No one has ever asked me about it.

However, if I ever got caught in New Jersey for anything (speeding, whatever) I imagine I'd have to address the whole thing. Probably be arrested. Have to post the bail, and then have to attend the court date.

Other than that I'm not too worried about it - although I'm not planning on going to New Jersey anytime soon.

If the thought of having this hanging over your head is bothersome than I suggest you just bite the bullet and address it. Bring a friend with you, and make sure that person has enough cash to post bail for you.

Then attend the court date, admit to what happened and say that not paying was a mistake on your part, and then do what they say.

I'm pretty confident that they just want their money, plus whatever additional charges they'll thrown on top (court time, etc.)

miajag81 10-07-2005 11:20 AM

Re: Asian Fugitive

[ QUOTE ]
http://goldenscore.free.fr/images/fugitive.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

"I didn't throw that frisbee!"

"I don't care!"

[jumps]

peterchi 10-07-2005 11:29 AM

Update

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] my sister