Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Job That Couples Well w/ Online Poker On The Side? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399623)

Tzak 12-16-2005 01:47 PM

Re: Job That Couples Well w/ Online Poker On The Side?

Fireman

Rudbaeck 12-16-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stock trading is another "job" that works well with poker playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though you should preferably be bankrolled by someone else. Managing mutual funds is a gold mine. You'll get big bonuses for doing only slightly worse than picking stocks out of a hat. (Some 90% of all managed mutual funds do worse than index! Yet managing a mutual fund is incredibly well paid.)

Stress levels are, ahem, somewhat high though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

BarronVangorToth 12-16-2005 02:03 PM

Game designer.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

Nick-Zack 12-16-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I teach high school - its perfect. Lots of time off.
Summers to play full time. You could take some extra classes to get your teachers license and teach physics or math

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been dating a high school math teacher for a little while. I can say that she works much harder than I would have guessed. She seems to be grading papers or prepping lessons for hours each night.

I agree with your need to spend time with people. I have been playing full time online for 2 years now and at first my social circle almost went away. I try to spend 1 night a week now volunteering somewhere. It is nice to actually spend some time with other adults.

12-16-2005 02:37 PM

you should already know the answer to this question: professional long-distance runner... just ask wejo!!!

kenberman 12-16-2005 02:38 PM

if you don't care about salary, then volunteer somewhere. a hospital, a homeless shelter, a resource center for kids, wherever.

obviously socially respectable, and you may even feel better better about yourself

XChamp 12-16-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you should already know the answer to this question: professional long-distance runner... just ask wejo!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the person who always posts 'sub bro' on letsrun.com whenever I post?

I'm very slow right now. Believe me, if I was fast enough I'd be training 'full-time' for the Olympics while playing poker to support myself.

J-Lo 12-16-2005 03:15 PM

interesting.... i can run a 10:46 2 mile, is that a good start for professional distance runner? (this was back in soph year of HS, i'm a senior in college now-- i'll be lucky if i can run sub 7:30 1 mile.)

Girchuck 12-16-2005 03:20 PM

The answer to that is obvious.
Be a substitute teacher. They can practically pick their own hours.

XChamp 12-16-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The answer to that is obvious.
Be a substitute teacher. They can practically pick their own hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I already am a substitute teacher. It's not particularly socially acceptable to be in your 20s with a degree from a decent school and substitute teach.