Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Making a mess (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390003)

TheMainEvent 12-02-2005 03:23 PM

Making a mess

When you spill or knock something over in a place of business, and you can reasonably clean/pick it up without using a mop or anything (even if it takes a few minutes), how often do you do it?

For me, if I drop something in McDonald's or knock over some product in Walmart I don't even look back...but if I'm in a smaller place and there's one person working there, probably doing everything, it seems like a dick move to me.

Alobar 12-02-2005 03:32 PM

Re: Making a mess

I always clean it up, because ive worked [censored] jobs before and I know that some poor schlep will have to clean up the mess I caused, and since ive been that poor schlep I cut the guy a break and clean my own [censored] up myself.

codewarrior 12-02-2005 03:47 PM

I neither spill things, nor knock things over, because I am not a klutz. Honestly. If I did, I'm sure I would make an attempt to clean it up, in atonement for being a spaz.

Cancuk 12-02-2005 03:50 PM

I would drop a Cleavland Steamer in the hunting department of Wal-Mart and not care.

Small store, clean up.

xadrez 12-02-2005 03:57 PM

I feel the exact opposite actually. In a mom and pop place, I feel less inclined to pick up, In a chain place, I make more of an effort.

Either way though, the majority of the time I try to help regardless.

JonPKibble 12-02-2005 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a mom and pop place, I feel less inclined to pick up, In a chain place, I make more of an effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

U R A T00L!!!!!!!!1111

Lazymeatball 12-02-2005 04:01 PM

If I knock over a display or something similar, I let the store employees pick it up, chances are I won't be able to properly restore it to their expectations and they will have to redo it anyway.

xadrez 12-02-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

U R A T00L!!!!!!!!1111

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I said I almost always help/make a concerted effort when I make a mess.

Secondly, at a smaller place, the employees generally make more money and are less miserable. Therefore I feel less bad about them doing extra work.

I used to have a job where I frequently had to clean up the mess made by drunken, rich, asstards. However, I made a shitton of money at the place and always cleaned up whatever I had to and never really minded. If I was working at some Burger King somewhere I think Id want light myself on fire everytime some giant hog spilled his milkshake all over the floor.

By not helping clean up if you make mess in a chain or Mcdonalds do you actually think you are taking some kind of stand against corporate greed or something? Cause thats kind of a retarded stand to take, and further youre not making much of a point.

Maybe my logic is faulty on this, but I dont really care.

TheMainEvent 12-02-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

U R A T00L!!!!!!!!1111

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I said I almost always help/make a concerted effort when I make a mess.

Secondly, at a smaller place, the employees generally make more money and are less miserable. Therefore I feel less bad about them doing extra work.

I used to have a job where I frequently had to clean up the mess made by drunken, rich, asstards. However, I made a shitton of money at the place and always cleaned up whatever I had to and never really minded. If I was working at some Burger King somewhere I think Id want light myself on fire everytime some giant hog spilled his milkshake all over the floor.

By not helping clean up if you make mess in a chain or Mcdonalds do you actually think you are taking some kind of stand against corporate greed or something? Cause thats kind of a retarded stand to take, and further youre not making much of a point.

Maybe my logic is faulty on this, but I dont really care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleaning up a milkshake sucks any way you look at it. I guess what I'm thinking is, at Walmart people are going to have to go around the store doing recovery every night no matter what. You knocking a few items onto the floor isn't going to ruin their day. But in a mom-and-pop store, if you knock something down the cashier will probably have to stop what they're doing, come out from behind the counter and go pick up your [censored]. That's kinda annoying.

xadrez 12-02-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cleaning up a milkshake sucks any way you look at it. I guess what I'm thinking is, at Walmart people are going to have to go around the store doing recovery every night no matter what. You knocking a few items onto the floor isn't going to ruin their day. But in a mom-and-pop store, if you knock something down the cashier will probably have to stop what they're doing, come out from behind the counter and go pick up your [censored]. That's kinda annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this sense, I agree. For some reason I was thinking of spilling food/drinks when I was responding.