Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What's missing (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=315556)

bobman0330 08-15-2005 11:32 AM

What\'s missing

link

So, to date in WWII in the Pacific remembrance, we have:
a) Japan apologizing for aggression against Asian neighbors;
b) Asian neighbors complaining about the insufficiency of this apology;
c) Japan complaining about the atomic bombings.

It seems to me that what's lacking is an apology from Japan for atrocities and aggression against the US, and a thank-you to the US from the aforementioned Asian nations who were liberated by US and allied arms.

(I have no problem with the Aussies bragging about how much ass they kick. By and large, this was and is true.)

warlockjd 08-16-2005 02:51 AM

Re: What\'s missing

On that note, don't forget that the U.S Gov't is also owed a thank you from the Japanese-Americans or their descendants who were so graciously housed in our internment camps.

BCPVP 08-16-2005 03:49 AM

By a liberal president....

^

warlockjd 08-16-2005 03:56 AM

Re: By a liberal president....

[ QUOTE ]
By a liberal president....

[/ QUOTE ]

In your mind, then, as a liberal (since these heinous actions were undertaken by a liberal president), then I should blindly accept it as right?

Those of us on this side of the aisle don't think that way brother.

WOW!

BCPVP 08-16-2005 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In your mind, then, as a liberal (since these heinous actions were undertaken by a liberal president), then I should blindly accept it as right?

[/ QUOTE ]
I should hope not, "brother". But you have time and space between you and the event. Who knows what tune you would have sung then, in those conditions.

Btw, I believe the U.S. government has apologized for the internment (and compensated remaining victims, I believe, could be wrong tho).

But you weren't seriously comparing the heinous acts committed by the Japanese to the internment of Japanese-Americans, were you?

warlockjd 08-16-2005 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I should hope not, "brother". But you have time and space between you and the event. Who knows what tune you would have sung then, in those conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who knows, but it sounds like you are defending the internment camps?

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, I believe the U.S. government has apologized for the internment (and compensated remaining victims, I believe, could be wrong tho).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are correct here.

[ QUOTE ]
But you weren't seriously comparing the heinous acts committed by the Japanese to the internment of Japanese-Americans, were you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I did not realize it appeared that way. My original reply was a sarcastic response to OP's expectation of an apology from Japan to the U.S. in the post Hiroshima/Nagasaki(sp?) era.

New001 08-16-2005 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
^

[/ QUOTE ]

Ridiculous comments like that make it hard to take anything you say seriously.

LaggyLou 08-16-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this certainly goes a long way toward explaining your posts.