Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   $30 NL stars blind battle. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406857)

12-29-2005 02:16 AM

Re: $30 NL stars blind battle.

I can't see a call here either, and a fold isn't even an option. I'm pushing and expecting him to fold.

ClaytonN 12-29-2005 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see a call here either, and a fold isn't even an option. I'm pushing and expecting him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I push and expect him to call with 33-66. This always, ALWAYS happens against a low pair. Swear it.

12-29-2005 02:21 AM

His range is pretty big here. Push!

whiskeytown 12-29-2005 02:47 AM

easy push - I like playing AK all in anyways - it IS a great hand, in theory, but only if it sees all 5 cards -

the hands you could be called with here - too varied to mention - I think you'll be dominating to 3 outs, but that's just me...

RB

12-29-2005 02:49 AM

yea I push here.. I mean you're definitely going to re-raise him, and any significant re-raise puts in over half your stack so might as well just push it, lots of money in the pot already with his large raise and the blinds/antes.

12-29-2005 02:50 AM

Indicate the fact that you are raising all in with a backhanded waving of the hands, then take a sip of water while leaning back.

12-29-2005 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you push he can put you on lesser hands and his calling range will be expanded. If you call that would around suspicion plus you might miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize, English was never my strong suit. Let me try to better explain myself.

If I try to steal from the button, let's say for the sake of argument, and the BB goes all in on an apparent re-steal, do you necessarily put him on only a premium hand? I know I don't. I would put him on a better hand if I see him flat call (or min-raise/do something fancy) rather than resteal all-in. Therefore, I think it may be +cEV to push here rather than so a fancy non-all-in re-raise or flat call. Did I explain myself clearer or should I try again?

gobboboy 12-29-2005 03:20 AM

Alright, I've heard enough from people telling me it's an easy push. I figured it was too, and I instapushed from the bb and even faster than that, he called me with 55 and won the race.

The main reason I posted this is wanting to see if anyone does not want to race for this many chips, either against a small pair or against something else. I think his over-raise limits my options.

Exitonly 12-29-2005 03:36 AM

yep. easy push. you're way ahead of his current range, and you're about a coinflip with his calling range.. so it's slightly profitabe even if you are called everytime, and since you do have good FE being one of th eonly stacks that can [censored] him up.

CardSharpCook 12-29-2005 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The main reason I posted this is wanting to see if anyone does not want to race for this many chips, either against a small pair or against something else. I think his over-raise limits my options.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, AK is a drawing hand. Don't want to take risks with a hand like that. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]