Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   sad news from borgata (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393439)

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 01:44 PM

sad news from borgata

they apparently wont be offering MGD any longer. they replaced it with miller lite.

MisterKing 12-07-2005 01:47 PM

Re: sad news from borgata

so you ARE the half-german guy.

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so you ARE the half-german guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
could be!

Al_Capone_Junior 12-07-2005 01:52 PM

Even a half-German guy would still prefer imports over MGD or Lite beer from Miller.

al

Randy_Refeld 12-07-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even a half-German guy would still prefer imports over MGD or Lite beer from Miller.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is true. I used to have a very good friend in Germany and when I visited her they had a lot of local German beers that they drank and used in cooking etc, but when they wanted to drink something "good" it was Budweiser. I think there might be something about wanting a beer that was not from your home country.

MisterKing 12-07-2005 01:59 PM

not to hijack the thread, but I should've put 2 & 2 together (hehe... 2+2) between your remarks earlier and the fact you kept pointing out how hot the asian girls were across the room. Nice avatar man & good playing with you last weekend in the 10/20.

miajag81 12-07-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

al

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is true. I used to have a very good friend in Germany and when I visited her they had a lot of local German beers that they drank and used in cooking etc, but when they wanted to drink something "good" it was Budweiser. I think there might be something about wanting a beer that was not from your home country.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was probably using the "real" Budweiser (Budvar) which is made in Czech Republic I believe. Don't all Europeans hate American beer with a passion?

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not to hijack the thread, but I should've put 2 & 2 together (hehe... 2+2) between your remarks earlier and the fact you kept pointing out how hot the asian girls were across the room. Nice avatar man & good playing with you last weekend in the 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks, you too, btw, weve played together before [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

KenProspero 12-07-2005 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't all Europeans hate American beer with a passion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes -- in fact I think this may be the only thing that the French and the Germans actually agree about.

Riverman 12-07-2005 02:29 PM

I think is it funny how most AC regulars find the Borgata drink service to be so great. Yeah the sluts bringing you the drinks are hot, but the selection is weak compared to a place like mirage. One night playing hammered 3/6 there the waitress brought me 2 jaegerbombs and a beer every single time around. That would never happen anywhere in AC.

Randy_Refeld 12-07-2005 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

al

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She was probably using the "real" Budweiser (Budvar) which is made in Czech Republic I believe. Don't all Europeans hate American beer with a passion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always under the impression that they hated American beer, but that is not what I experienced while I was there. This was a girl and her group of friends and they seemed to love everything American (one year she got me to send her a bunch of American flags because they wanted to wave them at a parade).

Brudder Andrusha 12-07-2005 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was always under the impression that they hated American beer, but that is not what I experienced while I was there. This was a girl and her group of friends and they seemed to love everything American (one year she got me to send her a bunch of American flags because they wanted to wave them at a parade).

[/ QUOTE ]

Are sure they weren't prospective Mail Order Brides from Russia????

Bwahahahahaha

MisterKing 12-07-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think is it funny how most AC regulars find the Borgata drink service to be so great. Yeah the sluts bringing you the drinks are hot, but the selection is weak compared to a place like mirage. One night playing hammered 3/6 there the waitress brought me 2 jaegerbombs and a beer every single time around. That would never happen anywhere in AC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untrue. Tip $20 up front and find out why.

junkmail3 12-07-2005 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the Mirage is too long of a drive.

bogey 12-07-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try the drink service anywhere else in AC and youll see why everyone thinks its so great

mostsmooth 12-07-2005 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah the sluts bringing you the drinks are hot

[/ QUOTE ]

IgorSmiles 12-07-2005 07:47 PM

As long as I can still get a bottle of Heiniken, it's worth the drive.

TheJunkyardGod 12-07-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try the drink service anywhere else in AC and youll see why everyone thinks its so great

[/ QUOTE ]

I logged in to say this exact same thing.

While the selection of beer is weak at the Borg, the service is great and the chicks are hot. I try not to drink much while i'm playing so a few Coronas is fine by me.

Though I would'nt mind if I could get a bottle of Smithwicks or Bass at the table.

12-07-2005 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by American beer, you mean Jews, then Yes.

tonypaladino 12-08-2005 01:06 AM

I am severely dissapointed with the beer selections at AC poker rooms.

wonderwes 12-08-2005 01:33 AM

This has prob been answered before, but there are so many borgata posts using the search function. How much larger is their new poker room from the original one?

ononimo 12-08-2005 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has prob been answered before, but there are so many borgata posts using the search function. How much larger is their new poker room from the original one?

[/ QUOTE ]

current poker room: 30-something tables.
new poker room: 85 tables

mostsmooth 12-09-2005 12:06 AM

update:
tuesday night they told me they were going to stop cvarrying mgd. what i didnt tell you all is that the waitress told me they had only 3 bottles left after she gave me my last for the night.i went back to borg tonight, for giggles i ordered a mgd. waitress comes back with an mgd! yes!! i order another, she comes back with another!!! yes!! i order a third, she brings it to me! but then she tells me "thats the last of the mgd" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
apparently i was the only person drinking mgd from tuesday night to tonight.
i think mgd is officially off the list of available beer at the borg [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

12-09-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
update:
tuesday night they told me they were going to stop cvarrying mgd. what i didnt tell you all is that the waitress told me they had only 3 bottles left after she gave me my last for the night.i went back to borg tonight, for giggles i ordered a mgd. waitress comes back with an mgd! yes!! i order another, she comes back with another!!! yes!! i order a third, she brings it to me! but then she tells me "thats the last of the mgd" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
apparently i was the only person drinking mgd from tuesday night to tonight.
i think mgd is officially off the list of available beer at the borg [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see why?

12-09-2005 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes -- in fact I think this may be the only thing that the French and the Germans actually agree about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not "with a passion", the german I knew just sort of chuckled like we were children.

samjjones 12-09-2005 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not "with a passion", the german I knew just sort of chuckled like we were children.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes...because the list of good French beers is so long and distinguished...

CCx 12-10-2005 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as I can still get a bottle of Heiniken, it's worth the drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd quote this a million times but i dont want to muddy up the thread

to those who dont get good drink service in ac, tip the woman of the night 20 bucks once and get 2 of what you're drinking every time she comes around, thirsty or not

here's to throwing up in the super-fast borgata elevators after 372 rum and rums

TomBrooks 12-24-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am severely dissapointed with the beer selections at AC poker rooms.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do they serve Budwiser? Budwiser is the King of Beer.

budman 12-29-2005 05:30 PM

Switch to Budweiser

That's why they are getting rid of it!!! Besides being a mediocre excuse for a malt beverage, this once proud american company is now a wholy owned division of South African Brewers.

Anheuser-Busch is the last major American owned brewer. Do all of us a favor and switch to Budweiser. It tastes better, is fresher and the profits stay in the US.

Enjoy!

mostsmooth 12-29-2005 05:32 PM

Re: Switch to Budweiser

[ QUOTE ]
It tastes better

[/ QUOTE ]
this is pretty funny

other1 12-29-2005 05:32 PM

Sam Adams? Coors? Aren't they American?

mostsmooth 12-29-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sam Adams? Coors? Warm Urine? Man Juice? Aren't they American?

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree coors is bad, but i havent tried the other three, ill defer to other1's expertise

other1 12-29-2005 05:38 PM

You don't know what you're missing.

Neither does anyone else because I edited the OP. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

mostsmooth 12-29-2005 05:43 PM

its ok, i put your full quote back in

pokerdirty 12-29-2005 05:52 PM

rankin those crappy american lights

Out of the 4 major American light beers, it definately goes

Miller Lite > Busch Light > Bud Light > Coors Light

Anyone that disagrees, well, I don't know what to tell you, except you are obviously wrong.

other1 12-29-2005 06:06 PM

Wait a second.. I never said Coors!

budman 12-29-2005 11:17 PM

Coors is owned by Molson from Canada (they merged and over 50% of the company is Canadian owned). The majority of the profits go to Canada.

Sam Adams (Boston Brewing Company) is just a marketing concept. Until recently they did not even own any brewing capacity. They shopped around to existing brewers with excess capacity and bought up brewing time.

Drink Bud.

budman 12-29-2005 11:21 PM

Re: rankin those crappy american lights

Try Budweiser select. You'll be suprised. It has a very crisp flavor and a very clean finish. Once you've given it a try and then go back to Miller Lite you will probably find Lite's aftertaste to be unpleasant.
I compliment you on not being a beer snob. Busch Light happens to be an excellent product that is often overlooked because of its price.

budman 12-29-2005 11:24 PM

One of the most famous beer advertising campaigns of all time was a Budweiser promotion from the 1950's. It was called 'The Budweiser Five Day Test"
What you do is for five days drink only Budweiser, and drink at least one per day. On the sixth day drink whatever beer you had been drinking and then decide which one is better.
I dare you to try it.

12-30-2005 04:47 AM

Re: rankin those crappy american lights

[ QUOTE ]
Try Budweiser select. You'll be suprised. It has a very crisp flavor and a very clean finish. Once you've given it a try and then go back to Miller Lite you will probably find Lite's aftertaste to be unpleasant.
I compliment you on not being a beer snob. Busch Light happens to be an excellent product that is often overlooked because of its price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bud Select is the only American beer I will pay for. It is really quite good with a very smooth finish, just as they advertise!