Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   AJs - Live game at Caeser's, deep (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403203)

guaranteedBluff 12-22-2005 01:28 AM

AJs - Live game at Caeser\'s, deep

It is your typical live 1/2 game: about 5 or 6 players per flop, everyone calling with any type of draw, playing to the river etc... Unfortunately, they are observant enough to notice if I just sit there and play monsters, so I have to get involved in some pots in order to get paid off. Here is a particularly difficult, deep stack situation I came accross (at least I think).

Hero dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in UTG+1. Hero limps, 5 more limpers... 6 to the flop

FLOP ($12) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

check, check, Hero leads for $15, 4 callers behind

TURN ($87) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

one check, Hero....

Now what? I could certainly have the best hand at this point, with calls from straight draws, middle pairs, TP weak kicker, etc... None of these players are particularly tight or agressive. I have about $300 behind, as do at least 3 other villains, all of whom act after me.

12-22-2005 01:43 AM

Re: AJs - Live game at Caeser\'s, deep

If this were heads up or with 2 people behind, I'd probably lead out for 2/3 the pot and fold to any agression.

But with 4 callers of a pot sized beton the flop with a relatively drawless board, I think that there is a good chance your behind someone here. I would check/fold in this spot...anyone think this is to weak/tight?

PokerFink 12-22-2005 02:09 AM

This is way too weak tight.

Bet 50. Fold to a raise. If you get a caller, blocking bet a safe river for another 50.

Isura 12-22-2005 02:51 AM

I would check/raise the flop.

Maulik 12-22-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check/raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It bloats the pot, I would certainly do it if there was a flush draw...

edge 12-22-2005 04:33 AM

I think there's still a good chance you're ahead. Toss out three green chips.

guaranteedBluff 12-22-2005 02:55 PM

bump for the morning crew...

pottie 12-22-2005 03:03 PM

I check call the turn.

tommo 12-22-2005 03:09 PM

I'd probably bet out on the turn. I am a bit too aggresive though.

I find that often in situations without many draws like this you can get away with underbetting a large pot. This is because people don't like to call largish bets with a weak hand, even if the bet is small compared to the pot.

The typical scenario I can think of is when you bet large preflop and get 2 or more callers. If the flop comes with a big card and blanks then a small bet will usually take it down.

Big_Jim 12-22-2005 04:17 PM

Bet $75 fold to a raise.

Check/call a non 7 river.

Looks like you're up against at least one 56, and probably a QJ/KJ or two. Since they're passive, you probably won't get bluffed here.