Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   outplayed vs outdrawn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236161)

Paul2432 04-20-2005 11:39 AM

outplayed vs outdrawn

People love to whine about bad beats. They don't bother me much. What I really hate is getting outplayed.

Which bothers you more?

Paul

Jazza 04-20-2005 11:46 AM

Re: outplayed vs outdrawn

I am totally with you, the only way I can be put on tilt is to get outplayed.

I can lose a pot and be happy because I outplayed some one, and can win a pot and go on tilt because I got outplayed and got lucky/didn't win enough.

Big Limpin' 04-20-2005 12:56 PM

Nope. I gotta go in the other direction on this one.

When i get outplayed, i can learn from it, and think about why it happened and what adjustments i can make to lessen the likelyhood of getting myself into a similar situation.

When i take a bad beat, there absolutely nothing i can do but throw up my hands and sigh. I learn nothing.

Reef 04-20-2005 06:59 PM

good question. Outplayed... I think at first it would have been bad beats. I was too n00bish to realize I had been outplayed maybe.

edit: I hate getting bluffed and being shown

Gin 'n Tonic 04-20-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i get outplayed, i can learn from it, and think about why it happened and what adjustments i can make to lessen the likelyhood of getting myself into a similar situation.

When i take a bad beat, there absolutely nothing i can do but throw up my hands and sigh. I learn nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nicely put - I agree completely.

Dominic 04-21-2005 01:37 AM

Geting outdrawn bothers me more.

If I've been outplayed, I can usually learn something from it.

What the hell can u learn from receiving a bad beat?

Bodhi 04-21-2005 03:35 AM

I don't mind being outdrawn if the villain had odds to do it. However, when I raise the turn and some idiot still calls with his gutshot (and makes it), it is harder to take than being outplayed.

PairTheBoard 04-21-2005 04:09 AM

Sure, bad beats are no fun. They sting but they don't worry me. However, if I have the feeling I'm getting consistently outplayed THAT is most troubling. Bad beats are not going to stop me from being a long term winner. But getting outplayed can very well do Just That.

PairTheBoard

Brainwalter 04-21-2005 07:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell can u learn from receiving a bad beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh*t happens.

just2ska 04-21-2005 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. I gotta go in the other direction on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this statement. Since i'm still learning alot about poker getting outplayed gives me something to learn from... I'll run over the hand in my head several times and hopefully become a better player because of it. I'll take the outplayed over bad beat until i'm a better player