Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Fold to the turn 3 bet? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398764)

trumpman84 12-15-2005 02:15 AM

Fold to the turn 3 bet?

5 handed $2/$4. No real reads...but villain has been playing pretty well from what I could tell.

I'm on button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Folds to me I raise. SB 3-bets. BB folds. I call.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
SB bets..I decide to take one off and call...unsure of this, but if SB is on a resteal, this is a good flop for me plus I have two overcards.

Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB bets. I raise. SB 3-bets. Seems I'm likely against AK/AQ/AA now, do I fold to the 3-bet or call down?

imported_leader 12-15-2005 02:19 AM

Re: Fold to the turn 3 bet?

Call down. You're getting 3-bet PF with worse Aces. I'd also consider waiting for the river to raise. If he has a PP, he will likely fold now but will bet or c/c the river getting you one more BB.

RandBriscoe 12-15-2005 02:35 AM

I definitely call down. He likely puts you on a lot weaker hand than AJ considering it looks like you're pulling a standard blind steal. Often enough, he thinks you're trying to put a move on him when the Ace comes and he's playing back with his PP (or worse).

If he has AA/AK/AQ, so be it. Against this type of player, I show it down everytime.

spydog 12-15-2005 07:36 AM

Cap preflop. I know you would be ahead of my SB 3-betting range.

Flop call is good. After this flop I'm planning on showing down.

Turn: Raise no good. You will fold worse hands way too often against a decent player. I wait until the river to raise this.

Obliky 12-15-2005 11:25 AM

Preflop: I can see a good argument for capping here. Personally i would usually just call but i think a cap could be best.

Flop: Fine to peel. If i was SB i would play the same with a hell of a lot of hands.

Turn: Call down the 3-bet. There is no way i am ever folding this without an uber-read.

car ramrod 12-15-2005 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap preflop. I know you would be ahead of my SB 3-betting range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have been playing my SB bad lately. Curious, how low do you go to 3bet here. Is this a raise or fold situation (assuming your in teh sb here)

sorry for the hijack op

jba 12-15-2005 12:29 PM

don't raise the turn bet, just call. if he checks to you on the river bet it. don't let him fold his JJ.

Obliky 12-15-2005 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't raise the turn bet, just call. if he checks to you on the river bet it. don't let him fold his JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like.

What are we doing if he bets the river? Calling or raising?

jba 12-15-2005 12:49 PM

I dont see a lot of value in raising the river. There aren't many smaller aces, there are a few bigger ones, and depending on the river it's unclear if villain will pay off without an A. I'm bet/folding hands like 99 or JJ if I'm villain.