Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   A perfect illustration of how Dems screw things up... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343051)

09-23-2005 07:47 PM

A perfect illustration of how Dems screw things up...

A great article regarding how Democrats continue to destroy our country and the financial stability of our economy... then... when a Republican enters office the big guns come out blazing.

CA has been under dominate Dem control for nearly 2 decades... but some how Arnold has created all our state's problems in the last 30 months.

http://republican.assembly.ca.gov/me...amp;RefID=1099

09-23-2005 08:10 PM

Re: A perfect illustration of how Dems screw things up...

I'll be gone for the weekend... I hope to have 1,000 anti-Bush posts that are totally irrelevant to the OP by the time I get back on Monday.

Roybert 09-23-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CA has been under dominate Dem control for nearly 2 decades... but some how Arnold has created all our state's problems in the last 30 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by 20 years of Democratic control you mean 8 years of Deukmejian and 8 years of Pete Wilson, then yes, I agree with you.

Arnold isn't a bad Governor because he's a republican. He's a bad Governor because he is a pathetically bad politician (much like Grey Davis).

andyfox 09-23-2005 09:15 PM

Who blamed Arnold for all of our problems? As I recall (pun intended), we kicked out the previous governor, the only Democratic governor we've had in quite some time, blaming him for all our problems.

lehighguy 09-23-2005 09:28 PM

He may be a bad politician, but he's a great governer. It is unfortunate his reforms won't be passed.

ptmusic 09-23-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by 20 years of Democratic control you mean 8 years of Deukmejian and 8 years of Pete Wilson, then yes, I agree with you.

Arnold isn't a bad Governor because he's a republican. He's a bad Governor because he is a pathetically bad politician (much like Grey Davis).

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually vote Democratic, but I voted for Arnold, and despite the amazing amount of money going toward anti-Arnold ad campaigns, I have not been convinced that our problems are because of him.

He picked a tough time to be Gov of CA, and he had to go up against some tough opponents - the government workers' unions. But I do like Arnold's ideas. I wish he had as good a marketing team as his political enemies.

-ptmusic

MelchyBeau 09-23-2005 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll be gone for the weekend... I hope to have 1,000 anti-Bush posts that are totally irrelevant to the OP by the time I get back on Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll start. Bush doesn't care about California.

jester710 09-23-2005 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I'll start. Bush doesn't care about California.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well met.

Roybert 09-23-2005 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He may be a bad politician, but he's a great governer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this even possible?

Roybert 09-23-2005 11:15 PM

I did, too, and I agree that he can't be blamed for all of CA's problems, but his ineptitude at building any sort of consensus has been shocking.