Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PokerRoom 5/10 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397766)

dark_horse 12-13-2005 06:08 PM

PokerRoom 5/10

Anyone frequent the 5/10 tables on PokerRoom on a regular basis? Comments on the average quality of the game appreciated.

naphand 12-13-2005 06:12 PM

Re: PokerRoom 5/10

When I last looked the full games were really, really tight. Time of day may make a difference, of course.

Also the No. Seeing Flop figure shown in the Lobby is misleading. I don't know why but when it shows something like 30% it is more like 20-25% (PT shows much tighter numbers in-game).

You might want to check out the NL games, there were some big fish playing there.

ZenMusician 12-13-2005 06:15 PM

PokerRoom 5/10 = Live 20/40

Horrible. Tight. Game.

Seriously...come play Party 5/10; I will expect
a PM thanking me soon. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-ZEN

dark_horse 12-13-2005 06:18 PM

I am sure Party's 5/10 is better. I'm just trying to figure out the most profitable and time effective way of clearing this $600 Euro bonus. The SH tables are soft but the rake negates the bonus.

PITTM 12-13-2005 06:19 PM

i can confirm. it sucks...bad.

rj

oxymoron 12-13-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you really suck like I do than you can do goot. I've been clearing the Check n Raise $600 bonus and have only played 1,000 hands at 5/10 but it's been great. I think the recent flux of bonuses from hold'empoker, Check n Raise and Eurobet ($666, $600 & $600) have lured more fools to play limits they shouldn't play.

dark_horse 12-13-2005 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you really suck like I do than you can do goot. I've been clearing the Check n Raise $600 bonus and have only played 1,000 hands at 5/10 but it's been great. I think the recent flux of bonuses from hold'empoker, Check n Raise and Eurobet ($666, $600 & $600) have lured more fools to play limits they shouldn't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been lurking the tables and saw one good one that lead me to believe there are some donkeys.. full ring, it's 3bet to the SB who caps it, only 3bettor calls. flop is all high cards with a king. SB bets and is called all the way down. SB had 88, 3bettor had AK. good stuff

i play 10/20 live. is it even worth it to go down to 3/6 because of the better game? hmm maybe i'm not even prepared to play this game if it's truly 20/40 live! that and my online bankroll is a paltry $3300. a bit under for 5/10.

ZenMusician 12-13-2005 07:28 PM

Dude, you will run over the 3/6 on Party.
I played on PR for 6 months (read: Mac user)
until we got a cheap PC so I could join the
clan here; I am going to kill myself for that
6 months I missed! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Play g00t and maybe add a table or 2 and you
will blow away your BB/hr @ 10/20.

G/L

-ZEN

oxymoron 12-13-2005 07:43 PM

At Poker Room I've played mainly 2/4 but also some 3/6 and 5/10. The $600 bonus equates to around a 10x bonus at 2/4 requiring 6000 hands. At 2/4 this equates to a 1.5BB/100 just from the bonus alone.
A good player can make very good money from the bonus and from the players even if there are a lot of TAG's.

W. Deranged 12-13-2005 08:22 PM

I recently started playing Euro, playing 3/6 (full and 5-max) and 5/10 (full and 5-max). The $600 bonus was basically just too much to pass up. It's something like .6 BB/100 or something and that's damn good.

I think the games are fine. I've been pretty pleased with the late night games. There's a core of tightish regulars, but I've had tables in the 22-26% vpip range fairly often at the 5/10 level.

My suspicion is that the presence of Eurobet and there really aggressive bonus hawking will actually work to improve the quality of the games there.

Also, if you are up for it, consider playing the short-handed games. Those tend to be excellent. Since they're 5max generally instead of 6, I think you may even tend to get a bit more silliness there than on Party.

damaniac 12-13-2005 08:35 PM

Yeah, I've been playing the 5-max games and I basically can't sit down at a table without at least one ridiculously loose player. The downside is that there are a lot of LAGs, so it can be tough sometimes, but they're not particularly clever LAGs, and besides, you need to get used to more aggressive play as you move up.

oxymoron 12-13-2005 08:36 PM

I have been getting my butt kicked with the 5 max. I know it's good when they call down with everything and see too many flops but I couldn't take it anymore. Nor could my bankroll.

pokerjunky 12-13-2005 09:05 PM

I've been playing Eurobet 5/10 lately to clear the bonus but it seems like it's about 9 TAGS and LAGS to one fish per table. However the bonus plus rakeback just may make it worth it.

dark_horse 12-14-2005 02:29 AM

When I'm actually playing for money (read:no bonus) I'm playing 3/6 6max on Party. I know short handed games are where the money's at right now. But given the nature of PokerRoom's rake and the nature of the bonus, I'm afraid playing those 5max tables will be less profitable overall. For those that don't know, PokerRoom's rake structure is a bit weird. It increases in very small increments, instead of the standard $1 threshold that sites like Party and Stars employ. What this means is more rake for the house, especially in short handed pots. Given that you play more hands in short handed games, and the rake is tougher on PokerRoom's short handed games, you see it's not very attractive. Plus, the Euro $600 bonus requires a certain number of points to accrue, not a certain number of raked hands. That means the bigger the rake per hand, the more points you accrue (and the smaller the rake, the fewer the points). So if you play short handed, you will clear the bonus faster. But you'll also pay a lot more rake. However if you play the full rings, you'll play fewer hands, and will be involved in a smaller percentage of the pots that have a nice sized rake. Hence, I'd rather play on a tightish worse full ring game than a more profitable (and swingier) short handed game - for bonus clearing purposes.

Make sense?

The only upside to all this is that, as someone already mentioned, you'll find players playing higher than they should in order to clear the bonus faster. Of the bonus clearing population on PokerRoom, that's probably where most of the 5/10 profit will be coming from.

Adam22 12-14-2005 06:50 AM

i moved all the way from .25/.50 to 10/20 on pokerroom/betonbet and i still play the 5/10 on there sometimes ( bananaphon, what up ). i think the games are half decent there most of the time. but, to put it in perspective, i have a 50,000 hand sample of 5/10 on betonbet making .50bb/100 and on my next 50,000 on party i made like 1.85bb/100. granted i learned a ton during that time period but yeah the games aren't spectacular. i have played some 5/10 5 max on there too but it was prior to me figuring out how to get pokerace to work on there so i can't really say much about the players on there except that they suck.

12-14-2005 06:36 PM

The kind of playing style that works well multi-tabling on Party just doesn't work as well on PR and skins. PR and skins 3/6 and 5/10 FR LHE have been a cash cow for me especially with all the new players from all the new skins and the Eurobet migration. Most of the the would be TAGs I come across are really just weak passive players who don't pay enough attention to what's going on. The ones I have trouble with I simply avoid. Table selection is key and I find it a lot easier to do so from the lobby seeing flop %, pot size, and relying on all the pretty little colored dots I assign to players based on their playing styles.

12-14-2005 09:04 PM

I've been 4-tabling 1/2 on PokerRoom and have found lately that it's overall pretty tight. A ton of my EP and MP raises to open have garnered me the blinds a lot more than I expected.

Maybe there are just tons of bonus whores hanging around now trying to play super tight and clear some bonus. Then again, I might be a really crappy limit player. I've been playing SNGs for over a year and didn't touch limit for the past 3 or 4 months.

dark_horse 12-21-2005 10:00 PM

well, i've been 3tabling PR 3/6 full ring nonstop the past few days, with the occasional smattering of 2/4 due to the lack of decent 3/6 games during the day. i have to say, i've never seen so many tight players who play so horribly postflop. it's a weird kind of game, much like the x-skins these days with all kinds of misapplied aggression. still profitable, but takes a bit more thinking. i won't miss it.. can't wait to get back to party once this friggin bonus is cleared. i seem to be clearing 700 points every 4 hours. that means it'll take roughly 30 hours to clear a $600 bonus. $20/hr, not bad!

oddly enough, the 5/10 games seem looser than the 3/6. but the bonus is clearing fast enough that i don't need to mess with 5/10 like i thought i would.