Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Interesting Hand #2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361274)

xorbie 10-19-2005 10:57 PM

Interesting Hand #2

Always those pesky matriarchs it seems. In this hand, I am new to table. Have little read on anyone. In the orbit or two I've been here, I raised PF, fired two barrels with some draws and got called down and check/folded the river, lost about half my stack there. Then I raised PF a couple other times and just checked the flop and folded to bets.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Hero ($94.05)
UTG ($29.05)
MP ($342.45)
Button ($121.93)
SB ($105.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $3, SB (poster) calls $2.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $12, SB folds.

Flop: ($36) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, Button calls $106.93 (All-In), Hero...?

10-19-2005 11:02 PM

Re: Interesting Hand #2

I'd fold here. You said you like the board, and he says he can beat you.

JaBlue 10-20-2005 12:01 AM

fold.

Also, why bet 35? 27 does the same thing. I don't want this to turn into the seminal discussion on PSB vs. 3/4PSB or whatever that this comment usually induces but, really, you don't need to bet full pot in these situations

Malachii 10-20-2005 12:11 AM

Fold. I know you've put a lot of money in the pot, but that preflop call reeks of a trap. I think Button has AA (or at least AK) here.

xorbie 10-20-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold.

Also, why bet 35? 27 does the same thing. I don't want this to turn into the seminal discussion on PSB vs. 3/4PSB or whatever that this comment usually induces but, really, you don't need to bet full pot in these situations

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely agree with your second point. $30 is my normal bet in these spots, $28 would probably do just fine as well. I think I was just frustrated and had delusions of folding out KT or something.

Mercman572 10-20-2005 01:19 AM

I had someone do this to me when he had a set of kings today bc he was afraid I was semi-bluffing on a gutter that I was sure to outdraw him on. weird. I'd fold this, but only bc I don't really know what to do, don't have that great of a read and have resolved to fold tough decisions w/o reads bc a single early bad A/I call ruins my play for the session.

xorbie 10-20-2005 02:46 AM

RESULTS

I'm surprised so many of you are saying fold. I think this guy calls with a mediocre K to let me keep bluffing and definitely would have raised AA/KK/AK at some point earlier. He has 9T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and does not improve.

mason55 10-20-2005 02:55 AM

Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised so many of you are saying fold. I think this guy calls with a mediocre K to let me keep bluffing and definitely would have raised AA/KK/AK at some point earlier. He has 9T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and does not improve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Awesome. You called with no reads and you were right. What do you want us to say? Come on man. You know this hand is read dependent and you said "i have no reads." Against an unknown this is not an easy call. It's probably 50/50 at this level which means it doesn't matter what you do probably, but yeah, calling is +EV if it's 50/50 with dead money.

I just want to point out that if you're going to say that you had history with villain, everyone on this board tore me a new ass for a hand I posted based on the same amount of history with a villain yesterday (pushing AK preflop).

Bukem_ 10-20-2005 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Awesome. You called with no reads and you were right. What do you want us to say? Come on man. You know this hand is read dependent and you said "i have no reads." Against an unknown this is not an easy call. It's probably 50/50 at this level which means it doesn't matter what you do probably, but yeah, calling is +EV if it's 50/50 with dead money.

I just want to point out that if you're going to say that you had history with villain, everyone on this board tore me a new ass for a hand I posted based on the same amount of history with a villain yesterday (pushing AK preflop).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats action is a flush draw a pretty high percentage of the time.

xorbie 10-20-2005 02:59 AM

I have no history with villain, I just know he has seen what I've done recently at this table (raised PF multiple times and folded to agression). I think given that alone this is a +EV call by a decent margin.