Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Say what you will about Chicago not being a Sox town (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367261)

mrbaseball 10-28-2005 12:31 PM

Say what you will about Chicago not being a Sox town

The victory parade starts in about 30 minutes. As I look out the window of the Board of Trade where it will begin you can see it's gonna be an absolute madhouse. Lots and lots and lots of people are crowding the streets. To the casual observer it would appear this city is 100% behind them and in full support. It already looks like it's gonna be tough for me to get a good spot to watch from.

The tide may be turning just a little bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IggyWH 10-28-2005 12:38 PM

Re: Say what you will about Chicago not being a Sox town

[ QUOTE ]
The tide may be turning just a little bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all bandwagon riders

TheRover 10-28-2005 12:38 PM

nevermind

tinga81 10-28-2005 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The victory parade starts in about 30 minutes. As I look out the window of the Board of Trade where it will begin you can see it's gonna be an absolute madhouse. Lots and lots and lots of people are crowding the streets. To the casual observer it would appear this city is 100% behind them and in full support. It already looks like it's gonna be tough for me to get a good spot to watch from.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it on my TV right now, and I bet you that 75% of those people didn't know a single name of any of those players (except maybe the always injured Frank Thomas) at the beginning of the season.

Colonel Kataffy 10-28-2005 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have it on my TV right now, and I bet you that 75% of those people didn't know a single name of any of those players (except maybe the always injured Frank Thomas) at the beginning of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missread your post, i'm an ass.

KDawgCometh 10-28-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and lets be honest though, how many fans that go to cubs games know any cubs besides Prior or Wood at the start of the season

eMarkM 10-28-2005 02:52 PM

It's been pretty cool so far. You can see the webcast on MLB.com. Ozzie is on right now. Konerko opening the door for coming back to do it again and giving Reinsdorf the last out ball was pretty emotional for me.

eMarkM 10-28-2005 02:56 PM

Obviously, a huge part of the crowd are people who work downtown that want to check it out. But it's still pretty cool.

OMG, Steve Perry just came to the podium. They're singing "Don't Stop Believing".

imported_The Vibesman 10-28-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously, a huge part of the crowd are people who work downtown that want to check it out. But it's still pretty cool.

OMG, Steve Perry just came to the podium. They're singing "Don't Stop Believing".

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I hear Steve Perry sing I just don't stop a-heaving.

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week!

mrbaseball 10-28-2005 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the 1:30 train home after watching the beginning of the parade from where it started. It was really packed and emotional. But that 1:30 train is usually empty. Today they added 4 extra cars and people where still jammed in the aisles and vestibules. Lots of people made a special trip.