Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I GOT A STUPID DEALER AT THE BELLAGIO WHO DIDNT KNOW HAND RANKINGS (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=150168)

HighStakesPro 11-17-2004 06:02 AM

I GOT A STUPID DEALER AT THE BELLAGIO WHO DIDNT KNOW HAND RANKINGS

I was at the Bellagio in Vegas, playing 100/200 Omaha/8 for the first time (I've made a career playing stud for thirty years). After playing for a few minutes, the action comes to me in one hand, and I look down at my cards to see AAAA. I cannot believe my great luck, but fortunately, being a pro, I am able to keep a perfect poker face. I raise. and several people call. The flop is 333. I bet, and everyone folds to this short Vietnamese woman, who raises. I reraise, and she caps the betting. This happens again on the turn and river, which are 7 and Q. I can't help but wonder what this woman is doing, surely she knows that quad treys lose to almost any other quads. After the betting is capped on the river, I turn over my monster hand and she turns over just what I expected: KK23. But for some reason, the clueless dealer thinks that quad treys are better than quad aces, and just as I am about to gather in the big stack, he gives it to the vietnamese woman. I am very angry and sceam for the pit boss. When he arrives, I show him my four aces and he corrects the ignorant dealer and gives me all the chips. As I leave the tale with my big winnings, I notice that the short Vietnamese woman is following me around. When I step outside, she suckerpunches me where it hurts the most, right in the groin. I would have done something very violent but I was in too much pain, and besides, it's not proper to hit a woman.

pshreck 11-17-2004 06:19 AM

Re: I GOT A STUPID DEALER AT THE BELLAGIO WHO DIDNT KNOW HAND RANKINGS

Can people be banned when their first post is something like this? Gosh I hope so.

steamboatin 11-17-2004 08:36 AM

I know I will look stupid but for the benefit of the rest of the clueless, I thought only two of your hole cards played in Omaha.

so I am thinking this dude is trying for the nomination for biggest B.S post of 2004. In which case he is way short of the mark.

maryfield48 11-17-2004 08:41 AM

Sounds like someone doing a Joeybitch impression.

Luv2DriveTT 11-17-2004 09:55 AM

I'm no woman, but I would have punched you right in the groin too if you convinced the pit boss that your full house (333AA) beats quads.

Nice first post... not belivable at all.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

mikeyp 11-17-2004 11:21 AM

More like stupid first post.

SheridanCat 11-17-2004 11:48 AM

You mean you didn't flip the table over and do unmentionable things to the dealer? Where's Joeybitch when you need him.

Regards,

T

nolanfan34 11-17-2004 12:39 PM

Fold PF.

Toro 11-17-2004 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely why I hate Omaha. Any poker game where you dealt AAAA and it's a bad hand is inherently wrong.

BigBaitsim (milo) 11-17-2004 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely why I hate Omaha. Any poker game where you dealt AAAA and it's a bad hand is inherently wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.