Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   No Music Players at the WSOP tables (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290814)

mpitts 07-11-2005 05:35 PM

No Music Players at the WSOP tables

Just read this at CardPlayer's ME Live Update Log:

No More Music Players

Tournament Director Johnny Grooms is reminding the players that music players, cell phones, and similar items are not allowed to be used at the tables. This is a policy that has been in place throughout this year's World Series of Poker.

James Lang 07-11-2005 05:50 PM

Re: No Music Players at the WSOP tables

In the earlier Circuit tournaments, they didn't allow any electronic devices at all during the tournaments

lighterjobs 07-11-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In the earlier Circuit tournaments, they didn't allow any electronic devices at all during the tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

then why did everyone have headphones on?

Kevmath 07-11-2005 06:08 PM

At the Circuit events, they were banned from the beginning in the 10k event. For WSOP events, they were banned after players made the money.

Kevin...

Uglyowl 07-11-2005 06:14 PM

As much as I like poker, a 12-14 hour day without music would be brutal. That just sucks.

Guess I am addicted to watching tv and/or listening to music while playing poker.

MonkeeMan 07-11-2005 06:24 PM

Last week I saw many players in other WSOP events wearing headphones at the tables. But maybe they weren't being "used".

PITTM 07-11-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last week I saw many players in other WSOP events wearing headphones at the tables. But maybe they weren't being "used".

[/ QUOTE ]

as the poster before you said, they are allowed to be used until you are in the money.

rj

touchfaith 07-11-2005 06:41 PM

You can't smoke, you can't wear what you want, you can't listen to music and you can't drop an f-bomb.

Move the [censored] thing to Disneyland and be done with it already.

Jordan Olsommer 07-11-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as the poster before you said, they are allowed to be used until you are in the money.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth does being in the money have to do with anything? I never thought I'd say this, but they finally came up with a rule that's even more ridiculous than the f-bomb one.

michiganlaw 07-11-2005 07:17 PM

What is the f-bomb rule? What are the penalties imposed for saying f**k?!? This is absurd...tell 'em all to f**k off!