Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   O Doyle's Army - Offer from a start up site (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=318599)

O Doyle Rules 08-19-2005 12:17 PM

O Doyle\'s Army - Offer from a start up site

Hello All,

I have had a tentative offer by a start up site. (which at this time is asking not to be publicly named until their official launch)

It is as follows:

The site will credit 75% of the total rake generated by a player towards WSOP/WPT events. The time period to qualify for events will be in the 4 to 6 month time range.

There will be a "safety net" feature for some reason a player is unable to complete the rake requirement in the required time period. A player will have the option to take 40% rakeback. A player will be able to do this either perhaps on a weekly or more likely monthly basis. If a player takes his rakeback on a weekly or monthly basis and still completes the overall rake requirement for the WSOP/WPT trip he would then be eligible to receive the balance towards the trip, but only if the player then pays the difference of the total cost of the trip himself. (Since he had already received the difference in rake)

This site is indicating they would be interested in building a longterm relationship with a team of high volume players and there would be perhaps several opportunities to win WSOP/WPT packages.

They are indicating that initially the number of players they would accept in such a program would be limited due to the fact they are a start up site and they would re-evaluate that number as their site grows.

I realize that some may think that this is nothing more than a glorified propping situaton since it is a new site. (And I understand that position) However, with the "safety net" feature it does lend protection to the players trying it and also by limiting the number of participants to the growth of the site will hopefully aid the fact it will not just be a site of 2 + 2ers battling each other.

Let me know what you think!

WriterBoy 08-19-2005 12:50 PM

Re: O Doyle\'s Army - Offer from a start up site

I assume that makes "enlistment" impossible for us micro-limit players.

Jurollo 08-19-2005 12:59 PM

Nice work O'Doyle. I would still possibly be interested in it however, the real question that comes to my mind is if 8-tabling will be allowed. If not this becomes a LOT less lucrative for me.
~Justin

O Doyle Rules 08-19-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume that makes "enlistment" impossible for us micro-limit players.

[/ QUOTE ]

What limit do you play?

O Doyle Rules 08-19-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice work O'Doyle. I would still possibly be interested in it however, the real question that comes to my mind is if 8-tabling will be allowed. If not this becomes a LOT less lucrative for me.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Justin,

It is my undrstanding that 8 tabling will be possible. Their software is supposed to be definitely state of the art.

flair1239 08-19-2005 01:13 PM

I have been thinking a lot about this.

For me I don't think it is a good idea. In order to get any value out of this you would have to play the majority of your hands at that site.

Having an "army" of other high volume players at a site does not bode well for game selection.

For somebody who is playing .5/1- 2/4 for bonuses, it might
be worthwhile. But for players 3/6 and above sitting at bad to mediocre tables is not a winning proposition, regardless of rakeback. (See the Absolute 5/10 full game on Monday and Tuesday nights for example.)

JRussell 08-19-2005 02:17 PM

What, if anything, do you get out of this?

jedi 08-19-2005 02:27 PM

Mini-view. Gotta have mini-view for those of us without the 1600x1200 monitors.

MicroBob 08-19-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their software is supposed to be definitely state of the art.

[/ QUOTE ]

PacificPoker makes the same claim.

Seriously...good luck on this venture.
I'm going to stick to my 'regular' haunts for the time-being but will be watching closely and hope it works out for those who give it a go.

Altaslim 08-19-2005 03:12 PM

I'm still interested. Keep the details coming. Thanks a lot for putting in the effort!