Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   So are the Giants for real? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358583)

Matt Williams 10-15-2005 11:40 PM

So are the Giants for real?

What do you guys think of their offense so far? A fluke, or the real deal? The special teams are doing fine but the defense needs work. It would be funny if Eli made a Superbowl before big brother did wouldn't it?

McGahee 10-16-2005 01:58 AM

Re: So are the Giants for real?

I think they're overrated because they have a few good fantasy players. They've played 3 crappy teams at home, their OL is a question mark, and their defense stinks. They're the worst team in their division IMO.

Matt Williams 10-16-2005 01:59 AM

I would have took you seriously if you weren't from Philly.
Just out of curiousity, have you seen any Giants games this year?

McGahee 10-16-2005 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved to Philly 2 years ago. Hardly an Iggles fan. Notice screen name. I've seen them play the Saints & Chargers. I know the Saints, Rams, and Cardinals are turnovers waiting to happen.

Matt Williams 10-16-2005 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I moved to Philly 2 years ago. Hardly an Iggles fan. Notice screen name. I've seen them play the Saints & Chargers. I know the Saints, Rams, and Cardinals are turnovers waiting to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to assume you were an Eagles fan. (god forbid,hehe!)
My take is the Eagles are the best in the NFC East, NY and Dallas will fight for 2nd and the Skins will bring up the rear. But I do think all 4 teams will win at least 7 games. With NY getting 9 home games, I do think they can win 10 games. They have a reasonalby easy schedule. As a Giant fan, I am just not used to seeing them score 40 points a game. Next year however, I think they will be very good and may pass Philly.

holeplug 10-16-2005 02:14 AM

Well they have beaten the Cards (who stink), the Saints (stink too), and the Rams (stink alittle less but not much) at home. Then the Chargers beat them pretty badly in the only road game they had. I'd say wait a couple of weeks before the Eli Super Bowl talk. Probably 9 or 10 wins since they have 9 HOME GAMES!!!

McGahee 10-16-2005 02:17 AM

Most people seem to agree with you. I think the Skins are better than people think just because they have the best defense in the division, and they have a running game. If Brunnel can just continue to play average ball, that's a pretty solid team.

Matt Williams 10-16-2005 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well they have beaten the Cards (who stink), the Saints (stink too), and the Rams (stink alittle less but not much) at home. Then the Chargers beat them pretty badly in the only road game they had. I'd say wait a couple of weeks before the Eli Super Bowl talk. Probably 9 or 10 wins since they have 9 HOME GAMES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I predict 10 wins. Not bad considering Vegas had them at 6 1/2 wins. Wish I took that bet.
BTW- I am in no way saying they will be in the Superbowl. I'm just saying how funny would it be if Eli beat Peyton to the Superbowl?

Matt Williams 10-16-2005 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people seem to agree with you. I think the Skins are better than people think just because they have the best defense in the division, and they have a running game. If Brunnel can just continue to play average ball, that's a pretty solid team.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny how people seem to look down on Washington because they pulled off that win over Dallas. I can see it being Philly 11-5, NY and Dallas at 10-6 and Washington at 9-7. And the kicker is the NFC North may win the division at 7-9.

holeplug 10-16-2005 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Next year however, I think they will be very good and may pass Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this since Owens is gone and they may be dumb enough to not resign Westbrook.