Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   AA against a rock, should I have capped this (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357205)

emitch 10-13-2005 09:56 PM

AA against a rock, should I have capped this

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

I've been at the table for a while with the villian and he is tight (the whole table is, and all of them at Empire have been since the split). I don't remember seeing a preflop raise before this hand. After about 120 hands PT has him at 16/3/3.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero raises, 7 folds, SB calls, BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

I don't think I have ever not capped here before, but against this type of player, I didn't want to completely give my hand away. I figure I will call the 3bet here and try to make it look like AK, KQ, etc? Was this a good play or a lost opportunity?

With his weak preflop play, I put him on the other two Aces, KK, QQ, JJ, or maybe AK, but not likely.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.

Good flop, should I have kept up the deception until the turn and got the other half a bet?

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

Standard, except I guess this answers my earlier question. He went ahead and gave me the raise anyway.

River: (10.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Standard

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Comments appreciated.

mitch

milesdyson 10-13-2005 10:00 PM

Re: AA against a rock, should I have capped this

consider it if sb hadn't called. since sb called, caparoni.

Duerig 10-13-2005 10:42 PM

I cap this preflop, I don't think you make back your value often enough to justify just calling the 3bet.

10-14-2005 12:29 AM

I liked the way you played this hand except for pre-flop, I would have capped here...

Hades18

emitch 10-14-2005 12:33 AM

Looks like the general vote is cap. I just wasn't sure with the players being much tighter at empire since the split. Thanks

mitch

10-14-2005 06:22 AM

Grunching…

Pre: Cap the pre-flop. I think what if anything you'd lose by giving away your hand is made up by how much you would win later.

Flop: Yes it is a good flop…no need to keep the deception…definitely maximize the bet and punish him for having AK or AA-JJ.

Turn &amp; River: I think you played this right…keep betting til the end, especially since his calling only shows his fear of your overpair.