Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A3s flop A in EP against tighties (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396913)

MrEngenic 12-12-2005 03:58 PM

A3s flop A in EP against tighties

Focus on postflop. Button has preflop raise 7 over thousands of hands. UTG is also tight but more aggressive.

Preflop:Hero is MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG limps, Hero limps, Button raises, blinds fold, UTG calls, Hero calls

Flop: (7.5 SB) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets intending to fold to a raise, call down a turn raise if it's HU.

Anyone with a better line?

crunchy1 12-12-2005 04:15 PM

Re: A3s flop A in EP against tighties

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - Fold PF.

Since you didn't.... Check the flop.

What are you expecting to gain from betting this flop against a tight UTG limper and a tight button who raised two tight EP limpers?

MrEngenic 12-12-2005 04:30 PM

Forgot to say, they have lot's of hands on me as well.

If anyone raises I fold, if they just call I'm pretty sure they dont have an A and I bet the whole way.
If button raises turn and it's HU I call down to see what he has. Maybe a free showdown raise with a high pocket to move me off an A.

crunchy1 12-12-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgot to say, they have lot's of hands on me as well.

If anyone raises I fold, if they just call I'm pretty sure they dont have an A and I bet the whole way.
If button raises turn and it's HU I call down to see what he has. Maybe a free showdown raise with a high pocket to move me off an A.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think your line loses a lot when you're behind, wins you very little when you're ahead and occasionally gets you pushed off the best hand.

TheHip41 12-12-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Focus on postflop. Button has preflop raise 7 over thousands of hands. UTG is also tight but more aggressive.

Preflop:Hero is MP1 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG limps, Hero limps, Button raises, blinds fold, UTG calls, Hero calls

Flop: (7.5 SB) A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets intending to fold to a raise, call down a turn raise if it's HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd raise KK here everytime if someone bet into me.

FLop, I'm checking, calling 1 bet, if it's bet and raised, I'm gone.

12-12-2005 04:43 PM

I actually don't have a problem with pre-flop -- assuming the overall table is loose -- althought judging by the number of callers, it doesn't seem that way.

Anyway... post-flop... I'd check/call the flop.

newhizzle 12-12-2005 04:48 PM

id check and call the flop, if you can get it heads up, i check and call the whole way, maybe bet the river, if the other guy sticks around, i might consider bet/folding the turn, but i think check/calling is fine too

MrEngenic 12-12-2005 05:18 PM

This was posted by a winning 100/200 player to show what the play is up there. Just checking to see if I should play it the same way as I used to.

crunchy1 12-12-2005 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was posted by a winning 100/200 player to show what the play is up there. Just checking to see if I should play it the same way as I used to.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it then? 100/200 (especially if we're talking about online play) is not going to play anything close to the games we deal with in this forum?!?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Redd 12-12-2005 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this make the pf play even worse?