Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Max # of Tables for 6-max (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389394)

Maulik 12-01-2005 06:37 PM

Max # of Tables for 6-max

I want to grind out bonuses and play lots of 6-max while doing so.

Any thoughts or considerations?

My background consists of 8-tabling the 10,20,30 and progressively 50 SNG on Party some time ago. I was once a decent push/fold bot.

mosuavea 12-01-2005 06:41 PM

Re: Max # of Tables for 6-max

Ive done up to 8 100NL 6 max tables. I think I would burn out doing it consistently so I would say 6 as long as you have the right software (PA HUD) and hardware configuration (no overlap)

Maulik 12-01-2005 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive done up to 8 100NL 6 max tables. I think I would burn out doing it consistently so I would say 6 as long as you have the right software (PA HUD) and hardware configuration (no overlap)

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm doing this at two different sites, will this allow me to
a) importing histories simulataneoully using P-tracker &
b) display it in real-time via PAHUD?

RiverFenix 12-01-2005 06:45 PM

Yes it will, your system just needs to be able to handle the processing so you dont lag

Hoopster81 12-01-2005 06:48 PM

I play 10-11 6-max games on two different sites. One of the sites is not PA compatible, but GT+ works. I would say just start out and play as many as you can keep up with. Then add 1 more every week until you are at where oyu want to be.

Isura 12-01-2005 06:49 PM

5-tabling 6-max upto the $100 level from my experience is very doable. I'm working on 6-8 tabling but it's a bit much. I sometimes do 4 tables of 6-max and 2 tables of full ring. Doing 6 tables of 6-max is harder than 8 SNGs.

Isura 12-01-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I play 10-11 6-max games on two different sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my hero. I could hit my monthly hand goal much easier if I could just add 4 more tables. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

el_grande 12-01-2005 06:54 PM

I don't know how in the hell you guys multi-table in NL.

Limit, yeah.. I can look at a table at any point in time and based on my cards, the bets to me, and the board, I can make the right decision. But in NL there's way more than that if you want to make the most money. Add to it the fact you could be making a bad decision for all of you chips.. No thanks. I even have trouble with 3 tables of 6-max NL at times.

Knowing the players at the table is extremely important in 6-max NL IMO.

Hoopster81 12-01-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing the players at the table is extremely important in 6-max NL IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is where PT/PA comes in. Would not be possible without it.

el_grande 12-01-2005 07:14 PM

I use PT with gametime+. I don't think it is enough. To make the most money in NL you have to be thinking about what hand the villian is one from pre-flop to river. You can't just look at the current state of the hand and make the best decisions like you can in limit.

I think you lose quite a bit by not following the action closely.