Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KK, Party $30/$60 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=278146)

Fianchetto 06-22-2005 11:55 AM

KK, Party $30/$60

6 handed, player in the big blind is the reason I'm here, he is bad and very loose. CO is unknown.

CO open raises, I 3-bet with red kings on the button, BB calls.

3 players

Flop: Ad Qh Tc

check, check, I bet, they both call.

Turn: 6s

check, check, I check

River: Qc

check, CO bets, I call

Comments?

Maulik 06-22-2005 12:33 PM

Re: KK, Party $30/$60

if you suspect you are beat, why call? if you think he's trying to take down the pot why not re-raise him?

hockey1 06-22-2005 12:35 PM

Heads-up maybe, although probably not. 3 way absolutely not.

ggbman 06-22-2005 12:40 PM

He could so easily have Ax or QJ here, i dont knoiw if hw bluffs enough to make this profitable. If you want to showdown, i would bet the turn for a free showdown since the only possible hands that are C/R here are TT or KJ, both unlikey given the action.

dbecham 06-22-2005 12:44 PM

look you say it yourself, you are there because of BB. But BB is not leading the action its the CO. I think without any reads you are beat damn near 100% of the time. I am having trouble finding any hands that you beat actually. If you want the free showdown bet the turn, i am not calling the river here.

glen 06-22-2005 01:04 PM

By checking the turn you have to call the river, as you will snap off a KT/JT hand enough here imo. the pot is big enough on the flop that people will call with a gut/pair and a gut and after that you didn't let them give you a chance to show you are beaten so you call. . .

Turning Stone Pro 06-22-2005 01:18 PM

i bet the turn to get hands like a medium pocket pair to lay down. obviously, check the river if called on the turn.

if raised on the turn, muck it. I'm as big a fan as anyone for getting to the end cheap in this type of spot, but I think here there is a reasonable chance you are ahead based on the action up to and including the turn checks to you. Fire.

TSP

Fianchetto 06-22-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By checking the turn you have to call the river, as you will snap off a KT/JT hand enough here imo. the pot is big enough on the flop that people will call with a gut/pair and a gut and after that you didn't let them give you a chance to show you are beaten so you call. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but do you think I should have bet the turn as others have suggested?

Maybe I should have bet the turn, but I really didn't want to get checkraised. I guess that is scared poker, or a possibly a result of getting beat up last night, but I didn't feel this was a hand that was an easy fold to a turn checkraise.

I figured I had 4 clean outs, and most likely 6 outs if I'm up against an ace, or two pair. A checkraise would be uncomfortable as the pot would be offering me about the right price to continue....

Fianchetto 06-22-2005 01:31 PM

Thanks TSP,

But is it really an easy muck if raised on the turn? Change the board to [A Q 9 8], and yeah easy muck to a turn raise since I'd be drawing to a two outer. But I've got at least 4 outs here, probably 6, which is enough where I'm kind of forced to call a turn checkraise. So bet the turn, call a raise, and muck the river unimproved? I'd hate that, but I'm not too happy with the line I took either.

LarsVegas 06-22-2005 01:36 PM

Clear bet on the turn. Call if raised and fold if unimproved on the river.

As it went I think it's a fold on the river. CO is calling the flop with something, and bluff-betting with a hand like JT in hope of folding specifically KK or the (in his shoes) unlikely JJ seems like a longshot.

lars