Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I check behind flop and get blasted (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374754)

orange 11-09-2005 08:52 AM

Re: I check behind flop and get blasted

Hand 1: I call. Flop check is good IMO.

hand 2: I think I like calling more than raising. Then calling again on the river- yes there are cards that kill the action (spades/clubs/K,Q,J), but villan may already have a FH. I think I am too lame to fold this, so I lose my money here.

hope it worked out for you.

TheWorstPlayer 11-09-2005 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call both

What's up with everyone folding hand 2?

edit: seeing as I'm going against the crowd, I should probably add my reasoning

AK/AT seem just as likely as KQ/KJ. Both checked the flop becuase villian is an uber tricky pokah playa

Now the turn comes, TWP has shown incredible weakness by not continuation betting (which I do not think is necessarily a mistake) so he bets. IMO, because he bet full pot, it's even more likely that he now has AK/KT and is afraid of the mutliple draws. I would expect a smaller bet from a boat, to make sure all the draws call. Then when TWP raises, I expect an all-in from AK/KT always, and from KQ/KJ most of the time. There's a chance he flat-calls with a boat, because villian is an uber tricky pokah playa.

So now it's even more likely he has just trips. He could also have KK/QQ/JJ (maybe even T9), but given the 2.45 to 1 odds I think for about 1.5 seconds and call

[/ QUOTE ]
This was my thinking. Also, I'm a fish. I don't see why people think he would bet pot/push with a lock hand like a full house. This action looks like a vulnerable hand to me.

Ghazban 11-09-2005 10:19 AM

With the way you play, I don't see how you can even consider folding in either hand.

TheWorstPlayer 11-09-2005 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With the way you play, I don't see how you can even consider folding in either hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I was on best behaviour last night after taking an absolute whalloping by LAGing it up the previous two days. Don't ask how much.

Ghazban 11-09-2005 10:36 AM

Even with that, the first one is a no-brainer. The second one would only be a fold if villain were deeper. You see something with a ten in it and no ace a ton of the time.

Isura 11-09-2005 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I call both

[/ QUOTE ]

4_2_it 11-09-2005 10:41 AM

Hand 1 - I call without hesitation.

Hand 2 - I call but with some reservation. I wouldn't be surprised to see AK or KT here.

TheWorstPlayer 11-09-2005 01:05 PM

Hand 1: Instacall and he's drawing dead with T7 for OESD.
Hadn 2: Delayed call and he has AK and gets no help.

Ghazban 11-09-2005 01:08 PM

Honestly, why even post hand 1?

rikz 11-09-2005 01:21 PM

Hand 1 call and expect to lose sometimes to a Q9 or Q8 or 99, but I think villain has trip Qs without the boat often enough to make a call correct.

Hand 2 fold. A straight on this paired board just doesn't seem good enough for all your chips. The J seemed to help him, or he slow played the flop with a monter. So, QQ, JJ and AK are the likely hands. I don't think a good player would call your preflop raise with KJ or KQ out of position, but I suppose they are possible too, especially since this is 6-max and guys seem more willing to play hands like that oop from an LP preflop raiser. You only beat AK, and that hand has a couple of outs on the river. The other likely hands are killing you.

I think folding is better.