Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I check behind flop and get blasted (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374754)

11-09-2005 02:33 AM

Re: I check behind flop and get blasted

i get stacked on first hand.
second hand why raise???

fathertime 11-09-2005 02:41 AM

Don't understand your question mark in hand 1? Why are you debating the call?

Hand 2 doesn't look like that jack bothers him one bit. If he is good and tricky I might call. If he is aggressive, I'm puking and calling. If he is tight and straightforward, I'm folding.

fathertime 11-09-2005 02:47 AM

6 max on button or co is standard raise. Looks like it was folded to TWP which can be a standard button raise with any 2.

ericlambi 11-09-2005 03:33 AM

Hand 1: TWP calls and laughs at the donks QT/QJ/KQ/etc. If he has Q9 or Q8, add him to your buddy list.

Hand 2: TWP drops about 50 f-bombs and folds.

FreakDaddy 11-09-2005 03:47 AM

1 - call
2 - fold

What are you really contemplating on hand one? I must be missing something.

Malachii 11-09-2005 05:58 AM

Hand 1: Easy call. What are you afraid of, quads? Villain could easily have JT or just be putting a play on you.

Hand 2: Bleh. I really hate this situation and it seems to come up a lot. Fold it.

Malachii 11-09-2005 05:59 AM

I think he means why raise the turn? I agree.

Benholio 11-09-2005 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he means why raise the turn? I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I can't think of what hand range this raise maximizes profit against, unless you are willing to call a push from AK/T9/Kx. Against hands WA or WB you, it likely costs you money compared to calling turn, calling river (since he gets a chance to fold his WB hand instead of firing again on the river with it).

I can see wanting to protect/get some money in when many river cards kill your action/kill your hand, though. Tough spot.

11-09-2005 06:55 AM

I call both

What's up with everyone folding hand 2?

edit: seeing as I'm going against the crowd, I should probably add my reasoning

AK/AT seem just as likely as KQ/KJ. Both checked the flop becuase villian is an uber tricky pokah playa

Now the turn comes, TWP has shown incredible weakness by not continuation betting (which I do not think is necessarily a mistake) so he bets. IMO, because he bet full pot, it's even more likely that he now has AK/KT and is afraid of the mutliple draws. I would expect a smaller bet from a boat, to make sure all the draws call. Then when TWP raises, I expect an all-in from AK/KT always, and from KQ/KJ most of the time. There's a chance he flat-calls with a boat, because villian is an uber tricky pokah playa.

So now it's even more likely he has just trips. He could also have KK/QQ/JJ (maybe even T9), but given the 2.45 to 1 odds I think for about 1.5 seconds and call

fuzzbox 11-09-2005 07:52 AM

Hand 1 - nice, I call.

Hand 2 - I dont raise the turn, rather call, and call any river I guess. I would hate to raise the turn and have somebody go all-in on me, and not know where I stand ... oh ... thats what happened. I have reasonable odds to call, so I might end up calling and hating it.