Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Personal Foul? (NE vs Buf) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396172)

jstnrgrs 12-11-2005 02:51 PM

Personal Foul? (NE vs Buf)

Anyone understand that call against Brady? If the had called holding, I think it would have been wrong, but I would have understood it. But how can that be a personal foul?

Toro 12-11-2005 07:37 PM

Re: Personal Foul? (NE vs Buf)

Only a wide reciever can deliver a "crackback" block. Bad call.

jstnrgrs 12-11-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Only a wide reciever can deliver a "crackback" block. Bad call.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is a "crackback" block?

McGahee 12-11-2005 11:06 PM

Poor Patriots - they never get any calls.

nothumb 12-11-2005 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone understand that call against Brady? If the had called holding, I think it would have been wrong, but I would have understood it. But how can that be a personal foul?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get it either. Terrible call. Colvin got like his 20th roughing the passer personal on the ensuing Bills posession when Samuel bumped him and his head hit Losman's head. Not as bad but another scabby penalty.

Not that we needed any help from the refs today. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

NT

McGahee 12-11-2005 11:56 PM

Are Pats fans really complaining about officiating? Remind me of Germans who call the US warmongers.

craig r 12-12-2005 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are Pats fans really complaining about officiating? Remind me of Germans who call the US warmongers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of people who are really bad at analogies eating pickles at 2 in the morning.

craig

bosoxfan 12-12-2005 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess...disgruntled Raiders fan?

McGahee 12-12-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of people who are really bad at analogies eating pickles at 2 in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or somebody who can't read a clock and reaches for an obscure pickle reference.

nothumb 12-12-2005 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

If you look at the name, I think it's clearly 'disgruntled Bills fan wishing for the years they used to just get raped in the Super Bowl'

And no, I wasn't really upset about these calls, I just found both of them terrible. I try to be relatively impartial on these issues. FWIW I thought the forward - arm - motion - fumble Raiders game thing was terrible when I saw that, and that they deserved to lose. Now, turns out I was wrong if you listen to NFL officials, but I am capable of admitting when a team I like gets a break.

NT