Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm posting this here because... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390798)

goofball 12-03-2005 10:09 PM

I\'m posting this here because...

I'm not really sure. It just seems like a mundane hand but I'm unable to find myself entirely satisfied with it.

Solid thinking player opens in the CO, I 3bet A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button, only the CO calls.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet he calls.

Turn is a Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks I check...

Is there ever any possible reason to justify checking there?

gonzopro 12-03-2005 10:16 PM

Re: I\'m posting this here because...

Temporary insanity, otherwise no.

Greg J 12-03-2005 10:19 PM

I think it's a routine value bet. I'd be interested to see what yr thoughts are behind checking this through.

12-03-2005 10:23 PM

Maybe if you had a weaker hand like JJ/TT that has a 6-out draw, but probably has to fold to a CR against the COs opening range.

I think you lose value too often not to bet here with TPTK.

12-03-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a routine value bet. I'd be interested to see what yr thoughts are behind checking this through.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-03-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you had a weaker hand like JJ/TT that has a 6-out draw, but probably has to fold to a CR against the COs opening range.

I think you lose value too often not to bet here with TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-03-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there ever any possible reason to justify checking there?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like money??

That, or he showed you his pocket queens before making the check on the turn.

12-03-2005 11:15 PM

I assume that you meant to type that villain "open raises in the CO". If so, he could have a wide range of hands.

If betting this turn is not right, I have a serious leak in my game.

milesdyson 12-03-2005 11:22 PM

the only hand that beats you is KQ. sure it's possible, but so is KT/KJ/JJ/TT. hopefully this thinking player is not thinking about check calling a flopped set with 99/88 and check raising the turn.

goofball 12-04-2005 12:05 AM

So, I actually bet in the hand, and maybe it's always right to do so but let's talk about it. In general if you slip into doing things in certain situations because that's what you do, or whatever, you can start to leak chips out the wazzu.

So villian is a good player and presumably knows that I am as well (to whatever extent that is true). Put yourself in villian's shoes and ask yourself what range you have to have here to do something besides fold.

You've 1) opened in the CO, 2) checked and called the flop, and 3) checked and watched me bet the not-a-blank turn.

(open means open raise. WHen people come into pots first they raise more often, so if i mean open limp i'll say so. Besides, I did say I 3bet and I can't 3bet an open limp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).